Motion picture heralds... Thanks and DVD's. (read on)

  • Charles Bruss
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2004
      Hello everybody,

      I just want to say a few things. First, special thanks to Tim Reed, Jeff Logan, and Michael Ibach for help on my request for info on locating old Boxoffice magazines. I am now using there info to find the issues I need.

      Also, does anyone know of a collection of Motion picture heralds like that of the boxoffice magazines? I am looking for an article about the Badger Outdoor Theater in Madison, WI from the Motion Picture Herald from April 11, 1953 on page 26. Please let me know.

      One last thing, I am about 75% done with my documentary on the 41 Twin Outdoor Theater that was located in Franklin, WI. I hope to have it done by mid summer and available on DVD. My question is: I have been told by the guy helping me to put it together that I should put them on DVD - R discs. That is what a lot of DVD players will read. So I got a great deal on 100 DVD - R's. Yesterday I went to buy 100 more DVD - R's but they were sold out. The guy at the store said that DVD + R's were the way to go. Now I am confused. I want people to be able to view this with no problems. But it makes me wonder that if the DVD + R's were the way to go, then why were the - R's sold out and a surplus of DVD + R's were still left. Please help me if you know anything about which discs to use and why.

      Thanks alot to everyone,
      Charles Bruss

      View my Wisconsin Drive-in website at: www.drive-inthruwisconsin.com

      Do you Yahoo!?