Re: [Drive In Movie Madness] Re: I need some Drive-in help!!!!

  • driveinfan421@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 18, 2002
      Hi,
      The Sandusky Drive-In in Cleveland closed down this past summer. I drove
      by and everything is still there. Good luck! I have been waiting for
      something like this to happen!
      Jonathan

    • Kevin Brown
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 18, 2002
        Thanks for the info. huge help. anyone else with
        info on the other markets? Again, I'm looking for
        recently-closed drive ins that haven't been torn down
        and replaced by a building. Pretty much every MAJOR
        market.

        Thanks again.

        Kevin Brown
        kbrown@gmrmarketing
        (262) 780-5662

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 6, 2003
          Refresh my memory. Where the heck was that one? The Memphis is
          still there and the Auto in North Ridgeville is still there.

          The one on Brookpark road is gone. The Cloverleaf is gone. The
          Miles is gone.

          Where was the Sandusky?
        • scottbiggs60
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 6, 2003
            The Sandusky Drive-In is located at 3711 Cleveland Rd.
            Sandusky, OH 44870

            The Mile Drive-In located in Warrensville Heights, Ohio still stands.
            It was closed and sold to the city in 2000.

            http://www.drive-ins.com/theater/ohmile

            Best wishes,
            Scott Biggs
            http://mywebpages.comcast.net/scott-biggs/

            --- In driveinmoviemadness@yahoogroups.com, cleveland_host
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Refresh my memory. Where the heck was that one? The Memphis is
            > still there and the Auto in North Ridgeville is still there.
            >
            > The one on Brookpark road is gone. The Cloverleaf is gone. The
            > Miles is gone.
            >
            > Where was the Sandusky?
          • scottbiggs60
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 6, 2003
              Here is a link to some info about the Sandusky Drive-In Theater.

              http://www.drive-ins.com/theater/ohsand

              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > Refresh my memory. Where the heck was that one? The Memphis is
              > still there and the Auto in North Ridgeville is still there.
              >
              > The one on Brookpark road is gone. The Cloverleaf is gone. The
              > Miles is gone.
              >
              > Where was the Sandusky?
            • Kevin Brown
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 6, 2003
                How far is Sandusky from Cleveland? Also, how much
                work would need to be done to that facility to re-open
                it for one night? Are the ramps still there? Is it
                overgrown with weeds, etc...

                Thanks.

                Kevin
                --- scottbiggs60 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                > The Sandusky Drive-In is located at 3711 Cleveland
                > Rd.
                > Sandusky, OH 44870
                >
                > The Mile Drive-In located in Warrensville Heights,
                > Ohio still stands.
                > It was closed and sold to the city in 2000.
                >

                > http://www.drive-ins.com/theater/ohmile
                >

                > Best wishes,
                > Scott Biggs
                > http://mywebpages.comcast.net/scott-biggs/
                >

                > --- In driveinmoviemadness@yahoogroups.com,
                > cleveland_host
                > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > > Refresh my memory. Where the heck was that one?
                > The Memphis is
                > > still there and the Auto in North Ridgeville is
                > still there.
                > >
                > > The one on Brookpark road is gone. The Cloverleaf
                > is gone. The
                > > Miles is gone.
                > >
                > > Where was the Sandusky?

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              • scottbiggs60
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 6, 2003
                  The Sandusky Drive-In is approximately 46 miles away from Cleveland.

                  http://www.drive-ins.com/dbdisrch.php

                  It's very close to the Cedar Point Amusement park area.

                  The last time I visited the Sandusky, everything was in place and in
                  reasonably good shape. It was not overgrown. Speakers and ramps are
                  still there.

                  The snack bar building is very old and was only used for the
                  projection booth and bathrooms. Both movies were shown back to back
                  with movie trailers in between.

                  No food was sold at the snack bar area in this same building. The
                  snack bar area has been closed for a long time, from what we were
                  told.

                  The property is for sale. There is a sign on the property with
                  contact information.

                  Hope this helps.

                  --- In driveinmoviemadness@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Brown
                  <kmbrownie2000@y...> wrote:
                  > How far is Sandusky from Cleveland? Also, how much
                  > work would need to be done to that facility to re-open
                  > it for one night? Are the ramps still there? Is it
                  > overgrown with weeds, etc...
                • Kevin Brown
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 6, 2003
                    thanks so much for the information. A great help
                    indeed.

                    http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 7, 2003
                      No wonder I didn't know where the dang this was:

                      it was in Sandusky...........