Re: interpretation help needed

  • Brandy B. Stark
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 1999
      > .. i don't know what to make of the four-armed woman except in faint
      > comparison to the indian goddess kali, though i believe kali has eight or
      > ten arms.

      Does it have to be Kali? there are other mother goddesses in the Indian
      religions...some which are quite benevolent. Does the Indian religion
      mean anything to your personally? Represent anything?

      > .. i don't have an interpretation for the following symbols, which seem
      > important to me:
      > * the number four - the woman has four arms and she presents me with four
      > portraits.

      Well, the only thing I can think of with four is the "four directions".
      Usually, women are related to 3 or 9...That is interesting! Four was a
      holy number to the Aztecs and South Americans, as well as th Egyptians (In
      terms of the four directions)

      > * the significance of women - i am a woman, i am speaking with a woman, she
      > has only daughters and no sons, the ancestors in her portraits are all
      > women. the only man mentioned is not present and tells fibs about whether
      > he's the boss or not.

      It sounds like an empowerment dream for your female nature!

      > * is it significant that we are seated in a dining room at a table of dark
      > wood, obviously an antique, and that we are surrounded by other such
      > objects? the atmosphere was dark but not at all oppressive. i was very
      > much enjoying my talk with the four-armed woman and, though curious, i was
      > at ease.

      Ancient items may represent things of value, or a sense of security
      because theya re well known. Perhaps the idea is the treasure the things
      of the past? Value them?

      > .. i apologize if this is too much detail but most of the dreams i have
      > considered significant over the years have involved at least this much
      > detail and i have recorded them as faithfully as possible. thanks again
      > for any help! == sam ==

      Not at all...I found it fascinating! If anything else comes to mind I
      will let you know!

      Pax.

      Brandy, of Random Thoughts