Re: Digest Number 211

  • tamaradr@xx.xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 1999
      >From: "Charlisa Raney" <disana@...>
      >
      > I had a wierd dream last night and I need some help in
      interpreting
      >it. My dream dictionaries really aren't any help.
      > I had a dream that I was pregnant by my boyfriend, only I didn't
      >know I was until I had the child. The labor was easy because the
      >anesthic I took knocked me out completely. When I woke up (in my
      >dream), I had this baby I wasn't expecting named "Shy" ( my Mom named
      >her). I wanted to change the name.
      > Anyway, the next thing I know, I'm in my car and my daughter is in
      >her car seat. My boyfriend is next to her and he loves her like a
      >father should.
      > What does this mean???
      >
      > Disana

      hi, disana!

      .. i'm interested in the fact that your bf doted on the "shy" child. is it
      possible that the child represents a facet of your own personality, one to
      which you have "given birth" because it pleases your bf? does he prefer
      shy wallflower type girls? is that your nature or are you very different
      from that? a related interpretation of this may be that your inner "shy
      child" needs to come out and feel safe in your relationship with your bf.
      is he supportive of who you are on all levels? your dream may be trying to
      remind you of how important that is, or it may be simply encouraging you
      that he would indeed be supportive. the fact that the "mother" part of
      your mind has referred to this part of you as "shy", would seem to indicate
      that it's something you're aware of from childhood and something about
      which you feel very protective, as mothers are protective of their
      vulnerable children. my gut instinct is that there is an aspect of your
      relationship with your bf which needs to "come out" into the open and be
      cared for and nurtured. ==sam==
    • Charlisa Raney
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 18, 1999
        >From: tamaradr@...
        >To: dreams@onelist.com
        >Subject: [dreams] Re: Digest Number 211
        >Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 02:24:57 -0500
        >
        >From: tamaradr@...
        >
        >>From: "Charlisa Raney" <disana@...>
        >>
        >> I had a wierd dream last night and I need some help in
        >interpreting
        >>it. My dream dictionaries really aren't any help.
        >> I had a dream that I was pregnant by my boyfriend, only I didn't
        >>know I was until I had the child. The labor was easy because the
        >>anesthic I took knocked me out completely. When I woke up (in my
        >>dream), I had this baby I wasn't expecting named "Shy" ( my Mom named
        >>her). I wanted to change the name.
        >> Anyway, the next thing I know, I'm in my car and my daughter is
        in
        >>her car seat. My boyfriend is next to her and he loves her like a
        >>father should.
        >> What does this mean???
        >>
        >> Disana
        >
        >hi, disana!
        >
        >.. i'm interested in the fact that your bf doted on the "shy" child.
        is it
        >possible that the child represents a facet of your own personality, one
        >which you have "given birth" because it pleases your bf? does he
        prefer
        >shy wallflower type girls? is that your nature or are you very
        different
        >from that? a related interpretation of this may be that your inner
        "shy
        >child" needs to come out and feel safe in your relationship with your
        bf.
        >is he supportive of who you are on all levels? your dream may be
        trying to
        >remind you of how important that is, or it may be simply encouraging
        you
        >that he would indeed be supportive. the fact that the "mother" part of
        >your mind has referred to this part of you as "shy", would seem to
        indicate
        >that it's something you're aware of from childhood and something about
        >which you feel very protective, as mothers are protective of their
        >vulnerable children. my gut instinct is that there is an aspect of
        your
        >relationship with your bf which needs to "come out" into the open and
        be
        >cared for and nurtured. ==sam==
        >

        >Sam,
        Thank you so much for your help! This seems to make sense to me
        because I am typically shy and I was as a child.
        My boyfriend knows I am shy and it doesn't appear to bother him.
        He is very playful and understanding, yet also more outgoing than me.
        Thanks for the help!