Re: I dont dream

  • Patricia Kimble
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 1999
      Hi Barb
      It could be that the sleep aids that you use are affecting the rhythem of
      your sleep and you aren't spending as much time in REM (rapid eye movement)
      or dream producing sleep as you would otherwise. Even if you can just
      remember a clippet of a dream it most likely has meaning for you. Keep on
      dreaming.

      Colorado Womyn

      At 01:56 PM 1/30/99 EST, you wrote:
      >From: Gabby1F@...
      >
      >Hi. I am new to the list, but when I saw it I thought maybe you could help me
      >figure out why I dont dream? Is it possible to remember so little that maybe
      >I do? Well, I dont go to sleep easily, usually with the help of aids to be
      >honest...can remember on really good one in 6 mos that made me wake up
      >happy...several that made me feel awful...but for the most part dont remember
      >any. Prefer it that way over bad ones.
      >
      >barb

    • Robbin Roy Palmer
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 1999
        At 09:16 PM 2/2/99 -0700, you wrote:
        >From: Patricia Kimble <kimble@...>
        >
        >Hi Barb
        >It could be that the sleep aids that you use are affecting the rhythem of
        >your sleep and you aren't spending as much time in REM (rapid eye movement)
        >or dream producing sleep as you would otherwise. Even if you can just
        >remember a clippet of a dream it most likely has meaning for you. Keep on
        >dreaming.
        >
        >Colorado Womyn
        >
        >At 01:56 PM 1/30/99 EST, you wrote:
        >>From: Gabby1F@...
        >>
        >>Hi. I am new to the list, but when I saw it I thought maybe you could
        help me
        >>figure out why I dont dream? Is it possible to remember so little that
        maybe
        >>I do? Well, I dont go to sleep easily, usually with the help of aids to be
        >>honest...can remember on really good one in 6 mos that made me wake up
        >>happy...several that made me feel awful...but for the most part dont
        remember
        >>any. Prefer it that way over bad ones.
        >>
        >>barb

        Actually in my own experience, I have found many herbal and nutritional
        supplements that promote dream recall, often helping one to get into the
        groove/habit of being able to know when they are dreaming(lucid dreaming)
        and then being able to retain their dream imformation, and work with it
        when they are "awake"(such a relative term) Shamans/healers/Spiritual
        adepts have been using supplements/teachers in this way for a looong time.

        Robbin
      • Patricia Kimble
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 1999
          Good point Robbin!
          Some of my students have said that some of the herbal/nutritional aids have
          enhanced dream recall and some have said that they seem to interfere with
          it. Gosh.... we are all so individual aren't we.

          Colorado Womyn