Recurring themes

  • josephemerson2
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2008
      Two years ago while I was still in college, I had some recurring
      dreams which supposedly foretold my future. The frightening part is
      that three of the four dreams have come true already.

      1. I would have a hard time finding a job. The dream sees me getting
      rejection letter after rejection letter--primarily due to poor GPA,
      poor credit rating, lacklusterness, etc. I become very frustrated

      It's been almost two years, and I still haven't found a job in my
      field. I knew it would be tough, but THIS tough??? Wasn't prepared
      for that.

      2. If I got a job, I would be very unhappy with myself. The dream
      finds me practically forking over my small paychecks to my parents.

      Well, I did work at one grocery store, and I hated the push-over
      management run by the extremely rude customers. I only lasted a month
      at a Subway before I was forced to quit (not fired), and I now work at
      another grocery store now with marginally better work conditions.

      3. I would end up taking care of my father. The dream finds me
      sponge bathing my father, dispensing his medications, and getting him
      food.

      Living at home with my parents, my sister in college, and my mother
      working, I'm left with tending to my disabled father's needs.
      However, he's more independent in real life than he is portrayed in
      the dream.

      With the last three dreams already coming true, I am fearful this last
      one will come true too.

      4. I will die before I turn 30.

      I dream that I end up in a bad car accident. Other times I dream I
      die of cancer. However I died, I did so before I turned 30--still
      living at home, unmarried, unemployed, and miserable. The funeral
      isn't well attended, and the arrangements aren't anything I wanted.

      Any time I talk to someone about these dreams, especially my last one,
      people change the subject, scold me for being pessimistic, or tell me
      I'm crazy. I want to know why I'm having these dreams, and should I
      worry about the death "prophecy"?