Re: [dreams] Digest Number 1037

  • Bev Russell
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2003
      Hi all again,
      1)I have had no other dreams about crocs or being chased since I came here.
      2)It reminded me of a dream I had about a snake many years ago same sort of thing. The snake wasnt actually chasing me it was just appearing whenever I looked in a cupboard and it would slither out and escape but I was terrified of the snake too.

      As a child I also used to get a dream about people(gangsters) chasing me and running along a street ...in that dream I often had no leg below knee( I think it had painlessly been cut off by the ppl chasing me). I used to get to a door and knew I would be safe when I got inside, I pounded on the door but nobody would answer and I would wake up scared.

      3)No peculiarities to mention except it was huge and clever and soooo scarey.

      4) My son listened and his where I told him and he was safe. He was scared but I was too scared trying to protect him to norice how scared he was.

      5)I dont think there were any other family members there but I can't really remember.

      6)Where we live we have a pool in the garden which is fenced in and behind that runs a canal. Certain months we hear what we believe r crocodile mating calls. I have been told that they have been spotted in the past in that canal. It worried me when I first got here but its something that u get used to the idea of here in Florida. The canal is about20-30 feet from the back of the house so its pretty close but we r fenced in securely with metal fencing. I have seen a few in the wild in a wetlands area that we visit occasionally.
      Yes it was cunning and I didnt trust it and there was a never ending sense of jeopardy.
      Sorry about the length of this one guys but I wanted to share all I could. I had another awful nightmare about being chased the night after the ctoc one too. I was ion a nightclub being chased and I hid in a toilet cubicle. I was putting on a shirt over my eveing clothes to disguise myself and the walls of the cubicle were covered in excretia. I got some on the shirt. It was absolutely gross. As you can guess although I had no nightmares I am scared about sleeping and watcvhing what I eat and see on TV b4 bed ...This just isnt like me!!!!
      Hope I didnt bore u all
      Love Bev
      xx

      dreams@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      KnowledgeStorm has over 22,000 B2B technology solutions. The most comprehensive IT buyers' information available. Research, compare, decide. E-Commerce | Application Dev | Accounting-Finance | Healthcare | Project Mgt | Sales-Marketing | More
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/IMai8D/UYQGAA/cIoLAA/I_ewlB/TM

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Yr mail as of 150803 14:23 CEST (Dream about a really huge scarey crocodile)
      From: 520031788253-0001@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 18:16:55 +0200
      From: 520031788253-0001@...
      Subject: Yr mail as of 150803 14:23 CEST (Dream about a really huge scarey crocodile)

      Hullo Beverly,

      Thanks for sharing your dream with us. Welcome to the group!

      > I am new here.I found your site by trying to look up my dream.
      > I have not had thid before. I arrived in Florida just over a year ago.
      > I do have a lot on my mind right now but last night I woke up in an
      > awful sweat with this awful nightmare.....

      1. Have you had earlier nightmares of likes?
      2. If so, which other themes/scenarios did they involve?

      > ...I was running throughout a house (not mine but a new one which
      > was a bit bigger). I was being chased by this huge crocodile. I spent
      > my dream trying my best to distract the crocodile from my 14 yr old
      > son.

      1. Any particularities of that beast, other than its size?
      2. How did your son respond?
      3. Were there any other family members of yours involved?
      4. Any waking life experience with crocodiles, or like creatures?

      > I finally got it outside by waving a bath towel in front of it and it
      > latched on to the end in chase. It dropped the towel and I ran
      > through a side door inside and shut it. I dont know if I managed to
      > keep it out or if it found another way in which was the norm in the
      > nightmare.

      1. A cunning reptile in yr above dream; or
      2. a general sentiment of mistrust, and/or never-ending jeopardy?

      Thank you for your time.

      B(l)est,
      Volk

      [This message contained attachments]

    • 520031788253-0001@t-online.de
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 18, 2003
        Hullo Bev,

        Thanks for your reply.

        > It reminded me of a dream I had about a snake many years ago same sort of thing.
        > The snake wasnt actually chasing me it was just appearing whenever I looked in a
        > cupboard and it would slither out and escape but I was terrified of the snake too.

        Would you say you were more terrified of those above reptiles in yr dreams than in
        waking life, or less?

        > As a child I also used to get a dream about people(gangsters) chasing me and
        > running along a street ...in that dream I often had no leg below knee( I think it had
        > painlessly been cut off by the ppl chasing me).

        That's interesting.
        1. How did you feel about such (partial) loss of limb?
        2. Any other dreams, earlier or later, where your body wasn't whole anymore?

        > I had another awful nightmare about being chased the night after the ctoc one too.

        1. Would you say your chase nightmares are in the majority (as opposed to falling etc.,
            say)?
        2. Which other major themes, if any, are present in them?

        (...) As you can guess although I had no nightmares I am scared about sleeping and
        > watcvhing what I eat and see on TV b4 bed ...

        Have you ever tried to mitigate the potential of bad dreams, by any device whatsoever?
        If so, what was the result?

        Thank you for your time.

        B(l)est,
        Volk