Hi to Brandy from Kim in South Africa

  • Kim Rollandi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      Hi Brandy
      My name is Kim Rollandi
      Your dream catchers are very very beautiful.  Do you perhaps have a pattern to share with him.  I would love to make one but dont know where to start.
      Hugs
      Kim Rollandi
      South Africa.
      Maybe I could purchase one from you to see how it is made.

      Add this card to your address book
      I hope this works. Suncoast Freenet keeps down the spam, but doesn't allow many things, like attachments. This is my latest work. It's called "Dream Catcher".... in case text ddoesn't make it through: "Dream Catcher" -- a being sleeping under the tree of life, with a dream catcher revealing the sleeper's (and our) thoughts: dreams of education (apple), money (diamond button), "key" to happiness, fertility (rabbit pin), and love (flowers). The figure lies between peacock feathers, representing the all-seeing eyes of the heavens. They form the butterfly, a Greek symbol for the psyche. The gauze over the tree branches represents the liminal state of dreams: they connect us with divinity. It is a reflection of nature, as I think dreams are a part of our natural state, humanity is a part of nature, and we have human nature. The tree is the tree of life, also a symbol of nature, and most objects were found in nature (those on the dream catcher were). 6/28/03 Vale! Brandy, the feared Goddess of all things Pug Cave ne ante ullas catapultas ambules. (If I were you, I wouldn't walk in front of any catapults.) Pugs and ghosts and art, O my! http://starkimages.homestead.com/Home.html SPIRITS team ghost hunts: http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:39:04 +0000 From: Brandy Stark To: stark_brandy@... Subject: New Artwork
      I was initially going to use a piece called DreamCatcher for the Arts Center show, but found out that it was in a nother show that runs longer than I thought (and the Arts Center needed it earlier than I thought).  So, I ended up making another peice that is the "Dream Catcher"

      Brandy Stark

      "Dream Catcher" -- a being sleeping under the tree of life, with a dream catcher revealing the sleeper's (and our) thoughts: dreams of education (apple), money (diamond button), "key" to happiness, fertility (rabbit pin), and love (flowers).

      The figure lies between peacock feathers, representing the all-seeing eyes of the heavens. They form the butterfly, a Greek symbol for the psyche. The gauze over the tree branches represents the liminal state of dreams: they connect us with divinity.

      It is a reflection of nature, as I think dreams are a part of our natural state, humanity is a part of nature, and we have human nature. The tree is the tree of life, also a symbol of nature, and most objects were found in nature (those on the dream catcher were).

      Enjoy!

      Brandy

      Upgrade Your Email - Click here!