My dreams

  • neverforreal13
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2003
      I need to say something about my dreams even if noone reads them. If
      you do read them, thanks I promise at least some of them will be
      entertaining. :)
      Well this first part is going to sound sad. Not just sad sad, but
      pathetic. All my life I've had romantic dreams. When I wake up and
      they are not real (hence my username neverforreal13) I feel sad, but
      so "in love" with not so much the gentleman in my dream, but the
      romantic feeling from the dream itself.
      Who are the guys? Everyone I've ever had a crush on (this includes
      MANY celebrities) and everyone I've ever loved (a much shorter list,
      but still a handful of guys). Only TWO guys in my "romantic" dreams
      were actually my boyfriends/lovers. I have had LOTS of dates, but
      only 2 guys I really ever loved. The other loves were guys I never
      got to go out with like the aforementioned celebrities and crushes
      that didn't like me back.
      To make a long story short, I had a list of dreams about the guy I am
      still with (4 yrs). I never have these kinds of dreams unless I've
      lost the person or can't have him (again the stupid celebrity thing)
      But now, I am with the guy, sleeping with him, still his girlfriend
      by all rights and I am dreaming about him as if I've lost him.
      Probably this is because he cheated on me, he and I are always
      fighting etc... it's really like we aren't together at all. But it's
      just different to dream of someone I'm actually physically with.
      Some dreams are bad and they reflect real life... Here are some themes
      My boyfriend, Paul was on the phone with me and we kept getting cut
      off/ I was on a boat with an older guy I didn't really like and Paul
      showed up with a younger girl and I was crushed/ I had a violent
      dream that I pushed Paul down some stairs and broke his neck/ And
      heres one that REALLY had an impact on me. In real life Paul wanted
      to join the army because his life is going nowhere (we are in our
      20's) so in my DREAM Paul really DID join the army and I was all
      alone and listing to this 80's song I find romantic and I was crying.
      Then I ended up in some commune and it turned out everyone was on
      drugs and having group sex and guess what? Paul was there - he hadn't
      joined the army at all. I cried and begged him to marry me. When I
      woke up from that dream I felt that I really loved Paul and never
      want to break up with him... but of course in real life we had more
      fights and things got bad again.
      Here's one that will spice up this group (I'm not saying that y'all
      dont' have cool dreams too, I just noticed there's not been a lot of
      posts lately) The girl that Paul cheated on me with, Vada, was in
      this one:
      I was dating a guy then I realized I liked his older brother better,
      so I started dating him instead. We were in this big building that
      was almost like a whole town. All the sudden I was standing there and
      I heard Vada's voice asking about Paul. I was really mad that she was
      there. It turned out that Paul was in detox so I rushed to go see
      him. He was in a cubicle made out of plexiglass and curled up naked
      and helpless. I told Vada to leave and she did and I was alone with
      Paul and comforted him. The nurse said he almost died of drug and
      alcohol poisoning (Paul said he might do that in real life)
      Finally, was last night's dream was that I was staying at some weird
      house with a ton of roommates. One thing about my dreams is I am
      always outgoing and confident. It is MY world. Even if the dream
      sucks, I am still cool and in control. I am independent and strong
      and outgoing and fun. So do I really need to tell any of you who
      might be reading this that I am THE OPPOSITE in real life? I am
      deathly shy, scared of my own shadow and sooo UNself-sufficiant it's
      pathetic. LOL. So in my dreams I'm cool. Anyway, I was living in this
      house and of course I wasn't shy and was b*tchin at some of my
      roommates for sharing the same bed with me which I didn't think was
      fair. Paul was supposed to be coming over along with a bunch of
      family members. Paul finally showed up very late. He told me he had
      to work late. When I picked up the phone he was talking to a friend
      about how he was out partying at a bar but told me he was working
      late. Oh yeah, I may be the opposite of who I am in my dreams, but
      Paul is pretty much the same. A dirty b*stard.
      So those are some of my dreams lately. Not real romantic, but stay
      tuned I'll tell you about a really cute dream I had about Frodo from
      Lord of the Rings. (hope I don't get kicked out, lol)
      :)
      neverforreal13
    • neverforreal13
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 20, 2003
        Yes, it really is true that I have to end it with him and I just
        can't. My friends tell me the same thing. Unfortunately HE happens to
        really be my best friend and that's what makes it so hard. Then I
        have these dreams where I love him so much and I think maybe I do
        really love him and leaving would be a mistake? Well I am not sure
        what to do. I read your dream about your ex and it makes sense to me
        actually. I think it's cool you remember all the details like I do.
        Most ppl I talk to say "How do you remember your dreams?" I don't try
        to, I just do!

        --- In dreams@yahoogroups.com, grace wakefield <graceesty@y...> wrote:
        > WHAT! girlfriend you know what this means. you need to move on with
        your life and drop that jerk!
        > i also was with a guy for 4 years until i found out he tried to
        kiss my best friend! i was 20. im 22 now and am just started get over
        him but i made myself do it! i've learned that no man is worth my
        dignity.
        > i found out that mofo was stalking her for 3 months!
        > what a jerk.
        > you deserve better
        > grace
        >

        > neverforreal13 <neverforreal13@y...> wrote:I am with the guy,
        sleeping with him, still his girlfriend
        > by all rights and I am dreaming about him as if I've lost him.
        > Probably this is because he cheated on me, he and I are always
        > fighting etc... it's really like we aren't together at all.
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Service.

      • neverforreal13
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 25, 2003
          To Grace,
          That's amazing. I have been with Paul for 4 yrs but now we are more
          like "just friends" yet we see eachother and neither of us can decide
          what to do. I want to get away from him, yet he is my best friend!
          I read your dream about rats, that is funny about the shiners
          outfits... I used to feel the same way about spiders, but we have so
          many where I live, I have learned to face them because I have no
          choice, lol. I hope things work out for you too. Sometimes
          relationships can be SO confusing.
          To ALL:
          Last night I had a NIGHTMARE regarding my aforementioned boyfriend,
          Paul. It was all too real both in his actions and in mine (I am a
          good person, but not always a perfect angel).
          Well in the dream I had my own house. I swear even when it's a
          nightmare I have my life more together in my dreams than I really do,
          lol. :) Paul was staying upstairs in his own room. I decided to have
          a party and charge the guests like it was a club to make some extra
          cash. All these ppl came over and things were going OK. But I didn't
          want Paul to know about the party because he would automatically
          assume I was sleeping with at least one of the male guests (in
          reality, Paul always accuses me of such, eventhough he is twice the
          cheat I am)
          It was getting onto dawn and almost time for Paul to go to work. I
          panicked and began rushing the guests out of the house but they
          wouldn't leave! They were like "what's the rush?" most were not
          drinking in excess, but just chatting and having fun, some had
          cocktails. I kept saying I was tired as it was nearly 6 am and the
          party was over, but people still weren't listening! I kept looking up
          the stairs thinking Paul would be coming down any minute. Finally
          someone said to me : "You better see who's passed out over here" and
          I went into another room and Paul was sleeping next to a bottle of
          brandy, but I could tell he only had a few drinks since there was
          lots left. I woke him up and tried to explain. I said something
          like "Hey, I am sorry I didn't tell you about this, but honestly, I
          was doing this to make money, NOT to meet anyone" and he was quiet
          and didn't say much.
          The next scene I was upstairs in a big hotel like room. I was saying
          something about Paul and some girl says "Paul Coruthers? Hah, you
          don't need to worry about him thinking you cheated on him. He's the
          biggest player in town!" Then some girl about 19 with red hair came
          in and said that Paul had been sleeping with her for months. Another
          girl said "Yes, me too!" and another... They all said they thought
          Paul was their boyfriend... (this actually happened in real life,
          Paul actually played me and at least 2 other girls! This dream was
          about the girls I don't yet know about, that I fear exisit) So all
          the girls were like "He's such a player". I was so depressed and
          didn't want to believe it was happening again. So I went for a walk
          along a beach.
          As I was walking, a friend of mine from grade school (have not seen
          her since then) showed up. She was all grown up and she told me to go
          with her to help get over Paul. We went to some very weird meditation
          meeting outside not too far from the beach. At the meeting I met a
          guy who was interested in me. He and I began walking back the way I
          came from the hotel and he seemed pretty nice. We stopped at a fair
          and went on a ride. Then we were under some bleachers and I got into
          an uncomfortable situation. He got on top of me and at first it was
          ok, but he held my arms up behind me and then I realized he wasn't
          playing, he was being forceful and rather dominant. I was afraid of
          getting raped so I struggled and got away. Then I went off and that
          was the end of the dream.