Need help

  • dream_boi_03
    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2003
      I have no clue what this dream means, can anyone help: It started off
      with my brother, his girlfriend and I going to the Grand Opening of a
      new Wal Mart store in some other city. As we enter the place we
      realize how massive the store actually is, it has everything you
      could need from groceries to cosmetics.
      Chantelle, my brothers girlfriend, walks down a hallway to the right
      past the cashiers as soon as we walk in there. We walk to the end and
      stopped when we see a large entrance to hallway where the bathrooms
      are. A group of kids are hanging out in that little hallway. For some
      strange reason, Chantelle starts taking pictures of the hallway.
      One kid in particular jumps up onto the ceiling so as to not get in
      the way of the picture taking. After she is done, I inform everyone
      that I'm going to the bathroom. I take the camera with me and walk
      into the bathroom. I'm surprised to see that each stall has two large
      toilets in each of them. The kid that was on the ceiling comes into
      the bathroom; he doesn't look more then 10 years old, and proceeds to
      tell me about the history of the bathroom. He concludes that he knows
      all of this because he is actually 17, but it's some disease that
      makes him look 17.For some odd reason, by the time we exit the
      bathroom, this person and me have become the best of friends and it
      seems like I've known him my whole life. We know everything about
      each other there is to know. As we are leaving the mall, I tell him
      that I have to go home but he starts crying because he's never had
      such a good friend like me and doesn't want to lose our friendship.
      We start walking away but then he informs me that nothing we are
      doing is real, I wanted a friend so much that I created this
      imaginary world that we are in, but as long as I remember Wal Mart,
      I'll always remember the fun we had that afternoon(?) Fun? In a
      bathroom talking about the history of toilets?
    • 520031788253-0001@t-online.de
      Message 2 of 8 , May 9, 2003
        Hullo Dream Boi 03,

        Thanks for sharing your dream with us.

        > (...) my brother, his girlfriend and I going to the Grand Opening of a new
        > Wal Mart store in some other city.

        1. Have you ever been to any like event?
        2. Any clue as to which city that could be? Any familiar sights?
        3. Could this "Grand Opening" refer to anything else than the above
            shopping centre?

        > As we enter the place we realize how massive the store actually is, it
        > has everything you could need from groceries to cosmetics.

        1. How important would you say that shopping is to you?
        2. Any other involvement with like place(s), whether business or private?

        > Chantelle, my brothers girlfriend, walks down a hallway to the right

        past the cashiers as soon as we walk in there. We walk to the end and
        > stopped when we see a
        large entrance to hallway where the bathrooms
        > are. A group of kids are hanging out in that little hallway. For some

        strange reason, Chantelle starts taking pictures of the hallway.

        1. One of her (waking life) pastimes?
        2. Does she care more for the people, or the premises?
        3. Are there any (wl) issues between the three of you?

        > One kid in particular jumps up onto the ceiling so as to not get in
        > the way of the picture taking.

        1. How successfully?
        2. Any other oddities to report?

        > After she is done, I inform everyone that I'm going to the bathroom. I take
        > the camera with me

        Why?

        > and walk into the bathroom. I'm surprised to see that each stall has two large
        > toilets in each of them. The kid that was on the ceiling comes into

        the bathroom; he doesn't look more then 10 years old, and proceeds to
        > tell me about the history
        of the bathroom.

        What is that history?

        > He concludes that he knows all of this because he is actually 17, but it's
        > some disease that makes him look 17.For some odd reason, by the time we
        > exit the bathroom, this person and me have become the best of friends and
        > it seems like I've known him my whole life. We know everything about

        each other there is to know.

        1. Any clues as to that (dream) disease?
        2. Any medical antecedents of yours, or with anybody of yr entourage?
        3. How much time would you say has elapsed since you went in?
        4. How important is that friendship to you and him?
        5. How does this compare to your waking life friends?

        > As we are leaving the mall, I tell him that I have to go home but he starts
        > crying because he's never had such a good friend like me and doesn't want
        > to lose our friendship.

        Do you have any other brothers and sisters, besides the above?

        > We start walking away but then he informs me that nothing we are
        > doing
        is real, I wanted a friend so much that I created this
        > imaginary world that we are in, but as long as I remember Wal Mart,
        > I'll
        always remember the fun we had that afternoon(?)

        1. We understand it's your new dream friend who is talking here. How
            far would he go to maintain this friendship?
        2. Any earlier dream(s) of yours involving reference to imaginary worlds?
        3. If so, any particular one that would at least partly/remotely compare to
            the above?

        > Fun? In a bathroom talking about the history of toilets?

        1. How important is the notion of fun to you?
        2. What does it entail?
        3. How far would you go to ensure you get enough of it, and by what
            means?

        Thank you for your time.

        B(l)est,
        Volk
      • kay gee
        Message 3 of 8 , May 10, 2003

          520031788253-0001@... wrote:
          Hullo Dream Boi 03,

          Thanks for sharing your dream with us.

          > (...) my brother, his girlfriend and I going to the Grand Opening of a new
          > Wal Mart store in some other city.

          1. Have you ever been to any like event? I've never been to a grand opening of anything before.
          2. Any clue as to which city that could be? Any familiar sights? The building looks like the other Wal Mart in my town, it's just the outside of it looks different this time, like the sky anfd everything.
          3. Could this "Grand Opening" refer to anything else than the above shopping centre? Nothing Grand or new has begun in my life. I feel as though everything is still the same, just going at it's normal pace.

          > As we enter the place we realize how massive the store actually is, it
          > has everything you could need from groceries to cosmetics.

          1. How important would you say that shopping is to you? Shopping for stuff I need is important, I don't really care for the stuff I want, just the stuff I need.
          2. Any other involvement with like place(s), whether business or private? None that I can think, I don't even know if I went to this store to even shop in my dream.

          > Chantelle, my brothers girlfriend, walks down a hallway to the right
          > past the cashiers as soon as we walk in there. We walk to the end and
          > stopped when we see a large entrance to hallway where the bathrooms
          > are. A group of kids are hanging out in that little hallway. For some
          > strange reason, Chantelle starts taking pictures of the hallway.

          1. One of her (waking life) pastimes? No, she doesn't even own a camera, well...she once owned a polaroid camera before.
          2. Does she care more for the people, or the premises? She seemed to care more about the color and foundation of the archeway leading to the hallway, which by the way was pinkish-red
          3. Are there any (wl) issues between the three of you? No, we get along just fine, even better now because they moved into the same apartment block as me and my fiance which we were glad for.

          > One kid in particular jumps up onto the ceiling so as to not get in
          > the way of the picture taking.

          1. How successfully? It's more like he just kind of floated up and stayed up there, peering down at us.
          2. Any other oddities to report? Just the fact that he was the only to move out of the way, the other kids just kind of stood there without doing anything or even taking notice of us.

          > After she is done, I inform everyone that I'm going to the bathroom. I take
          > the camera with me

          Why? I guess it was to take pictures of the toilet later on(?)

          > and walk into the bathroom. I'm surprised to see that each stall has two large
          > toilets in each of them. The kid that was on the ceiling comes into
          > the bathroom; he doesn't look more then 10 years old, and proceeds to
          > tell me about the history of the bathroom.

          What is that history? I remember him saying something that the toilets were black because of an oil spill somehwere and that his Dad was the one who made the toilets back several hundred years ago, but now he's the local historian of the toilets.

          > He concludes that he knows all of this because he is actually 17, but it's
          > some disease that makes him look 17.For some odd reason, by the time we
          > exit the bathroom, this person and me have become the best of friends and
          > it seems like I've known him my whole life. We know everything about
          > each other there is to know.

          1. Any clues as to that (dream) disease? None, I work a caregiver for special needs children some I'm very familiar with diseases that children can have and I've never heard of one quite like that.
          2. Any medical antecedents of yours, or with anybody of yr entourage? Not that I think of.
          3. How much time would you say has elapsed since you went in?Proably maybe a few minutes, if that.
          4. How important is that friendship to you and him? That friendship was something that I needed, after talking to him, it felt like I whole again, that something was complete and that I was very happy and in good spirits. When I first came into the store, I was more wondering what the store had to offer, until I entered the bathroom.
          5. How does this compare to your waking life friends? I have few friends but the ones I do I'm close to, but not as close as to how I felt after I talked to that kid-teen person.

          > As we are leaving the mall, I tell him that I have to go home but he starts
          > crying because he's never had such a good friend like me and doesn't want
          > to lose our friendship.

          Do you have any other brothers and sisters, besides the above? I had two little brothers that passed away several years ago and my mom and dad just adopted another child whom I'm very close to also, I use to take care of him when he was in foster care.

          > We start walking away but then he informs me that nothing we are
          > doing is real, I wanted a friend so much that I created this
          > imaginary world that we are in, but as long as I remember Wal Mart,
          > I'll always remember the fun we had that afternoon(?)

          1. We understand it's your new dream friend who is talking here. How far would he go to maintain this friendship?By the sounds of what he was saying, and implying, is that he always wants to be friends, he doesn't want anything to ever get in the way of that, no matter where we are.
          2. Any earlier dream(s) of yours involving reference to imaginary worlds?It's funny you should ask, I had another dream last night that I was outside my house and watching a torando made of grass, after it was done, my mom and I traveled to a new store, but the sky was a black red color and everything seemed surreal, like we were living in a painting.
          3. If so, any particular one that would at least partly/remotely compare to
              the above?

          > Fun? In a bathroom talking about the history of toilets?

          1. How important is the notion of fun to you? I love to have fun, most of friends could tell you that I can find humor and positivity in any situation, no matter how bad or good the situation is.
          2. What does it entail?To me, having fun means that nothing can really bring you down as long as you can see the light at the end of a dark tunnel. Having fun may just be smiling or it could just be having a good time with friends.
          3. How far would you go to ensure you get enough of it, and by what means? I always need to be having fun and having a good time. If I'm just sitting by myself with nobody around, I start to get nervous and start phoning people. I always have to make someone laugh at lease once when I'm talking to them, even if it's about the most stupidiest thing. I had a girlfriend once who was really into this whole Goth attitude and she was always negative, I left her in a second.

          Thank you for your time.

          B(l)est,
          Volk

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • 520031788253-0001@t-online.de
          Message 4 of 8 , May 10, 2003
            Hullo Kay Gee,

            Thanks for your response.

            > I've never been to a grand opening of anything before (...) Nothing Grand or
            > new has begun in my life. I feel as though everything is still the same, just
            > going at it's normal pace.

            1. Would you like things to be different?
            2. What "Grand", if anything, would you like to open?

            > Shopping for stuff I need is important, I don't really care for the stuff I want,
            > just the stuff I need.

            Is it always easy for you to tell the one from the other?

            > It's more like he just kind of floated up and stayed up there, peering down at
            > us (...) he was the only to move out of the way, the other kids just kind of
            > stood there without doing anything or even taking notice of us.

            1. Are you happier about this one boy's tactfulness than the others' lack of care?
            2. Do you admire this boy's apparent ability to defy the laws of nature/confine-
                ments of human condition?

            > I guess it was to take pictures of the toilet later on(?)

            1. Are *you* interested in photography?
            2. If so, what motives?
            3. Any bathroom aesthetics you could think of?

            > I remember him saying something that the toilets were black because of an
            > oil spill somehwere and that his Dad was the one who made the toilets back
            > several hundred years ago, but now he's the local historian of the toilets.

            1. What year, and time rationale, are we exposed to here?
            2. What can you tell us about the lavatory's design?
            3. Do you sense a difference in the importance of that very lavatory as opposed
                to wl lavatories in general?

            > I work a caregiver for special needs children some I'm very familiar with
            > diseases that children can have and I've never heard of one quite like that.

            1. Is this present occupation of yours something you'd like to be doing for a
                longer span, or just a job?
            2. Was it just an opportunity, or the fruit of any long-term consideration(s)? If to
                the latter, when did you first think about it?

            > [time elapsed] - Proably maybe a few minutes, if that.

            Any oddities in the flux of time, real vs. perceived, considering the above?

            > That friendship was something that I needed, after talking to him, it felt like I
            > whole again

            1. Have you ever had the impression you weren't?
            2. If so, what could you say about the reason(s)?

            > I have few friends but the ones I do I'm close to, but not as close as to how I
            > felt after I talked to that kid-teen person.

            Are you happy with the status quo, or would you wish for any of yr wl
            friendships to be somewhat deeper and more intense?

            > I had two little brothers that passed away several years ago

            1. How many years?
            2. How old were they?
            3. What can you tell us about the reason(s) of their demise?

            I had another dream last night that I was outside my house and watching a
            > torando made of grass, after it was done, my mom and I traveled to a new
            > store, but the sky was a black red color and everything seemed surreal, like
            > we were living in a painting.

            1. How did you feel in such an environment?
            2. Were you aware in any way whatsoever about the artificiality of the
                situation?

            > I love to have fun, most of friends could tell you that I can find humor and
            > positivity in any situation, no matter how bad or good the situation is.

            1. Has this always been the case?
            2. Are there any limits and/or boundary cases where such is hard, if not
                impossible, to accomplish?
            3. How do you get along with people who cannot share your sense of humour?

            > To me, having fun means that nothing can really bring you down as long as
            > you can see the light at the end of a dark tunnel.

            1. What is the motor of yr attitude?
            2. What are the motives?

            > I always need to be having fun and having a good time. If I'm just sitting by
            > myself with nobody around, I start to get nervous

            Why?

            I always have to make someone laugh at lease once when I'm talking to them,
            > even if it's about the most stupidiest thing.

            Would you deem this a catalyst, or rather an impediment, to making and/or
            maintaining a deeper friendship?

            > I had a girlfriend once who was really into this whole Goth attitude and she
            > was always negative, I left her in a second.

            Would you say that this difference in outlook was the underlying cause of, or
            key contributor to, your severance?

            Thank you for your time.

            B(l)est,
            Volk
          • kay gee
            Message 5 of 8 , May 11, 2003

              520031788253-0001@... wrote:
              Hullo Kay Gee,

              Thanks for your response.

              > I've never been to a grand opening of anything before (...) Nothing Grand or
              > new has begun in my life. I feel as though everything is still the same, just
              > going at it's normal pace.

              1. Would you like things to be different?I wolud just like to get the job I want now rather then later, but I'm still fine as of now with what I'm doing.
              2. What "Grand", if anything, would you like to open?I would love to start a family right now. I wolud love to open a new area of our relationship.

              > Shopping for stuff I need is important, I don't really care for the stuff I want,
              > just the stuff I need.

              Is it always easy for you to tell the one from the other?Always. If I say something is "cool" or "I want that" then I can tell that's it only a want, not a need.

              > It's more like he just kind of floated up and stayed up there, peering down at
              > us (...) he was the only to move out of the way, the other kids just kind of
              > stood there without doing anything or even taking notice of us.

              1. Are you happier about this one boy's tactfulness than the others' lack of care? I think that's what drew me to talk to him, was that he was willing to come out and talk to me, a stranger at the time.
              2. Do you admire this boy's apparent ability to defy the laws of nature/confine-
                  ments of human condition?Yeah, it gave him more of a supernatural ability and for being such a young age and being able to do that was incredible.

              > I guess it was to take pictures of the toilet later on(?)

              1. Are *you* interested in photography?Yeah, I love taking pictures. I just finished a small book with a friend of mine from school that depicts the whole age process, from children to adults.
              2. If so, what motives The majority of my pictures are children and middle aged adults in action, doing sports or working, stuff like that.
              3. Any bathroom aesthetics you could think of?Nope.

              > I remember him saying something that the toilets were black because of an
              > oil spill somehwere and that his Dad was the one who made the toilets back
              > several hundred years ago, but now he's the local historian of the toilets.

              1. What year, and time rationale, are we exposed to here?By the sounds and looks of everything, it seems pretty modern day because my brother and his girlfriend are the same age as they are now.
              2. What can you tell us about the lavatory's design?The two toilets seemed kind of old, they were black and attached to each other with a single lead pipe.
              3. Do you sense a difference in the importance of that very lavatory as opposed
                  to wl lavatories in general?I don't recall seeing a door on the left one, only the right one I'm sure had a door.

              > I work a caregiver for special needs children some I'm very familiar with
              > diseases that children can have and I've never heard of one quite like that.

              1. Is this present occupation of yours something you'd like to be doing for a
                  longer span, or just a job? After I finish school, my girlfriend and I hope to get a house and take in some special needs foster children to take care of, so I would say that this would turn out to be a lifelong thing.
              2. Was it just an opportunity, or the fruit of any long-term consideration(s)? If to
                  the latter, when did you first think about it?I grew up with lot's of foster kids in my house and when I was a teen, that's when I realized that is something that I wanted to do in the future.

              > [time elapsed] - Proably maybe a few minutes, if that.

              Any oddities in the flux of time, real vs. perceived, considering the above? No, it just seemed to go by real fast, we didn't even sit while talking so that's why I believe it may have only been a few minutes because nothing else really changed around us, we were in the same position as we were when he first started talking.

              > That friendship was something that I needed, after talking to him, it felt like I
              > whole again

              1. Have you ever had the impression you weren't?Lot's. I don't feel whole right now because I want to start family and that I don't have the job I want yet.
              2. If so, what could you say about the reason(s)?Same as above.

              > I have few friends but the ones I do I'm close to, but not as close as to how I
              > felt after I talked to that kid-teen person.

              Are you happy with the status quo, or would you wish for any of yr wl
              friendships to be somewhat deeper and more intense?There's a few people whom I wish I had a deeper friendship with and am working on trying to deepen it.

              > I had two little brothers that passed away several years ago

              1. How many years?Damian passed away 6 years ago and Daris passed away 3 years ago.
              2. How old were they?Damian was 12 when he died and Daris was 11/
              3. What can you tell us about the reason(s) of their demise?Damian fell ill with a bad pneumia and Daris died after emergency surgery on his stomach.

              I had another dream last night that I was outside my house and watching a
              > torando made of grass, after it was done, my mom and I traveled to a new
              > store, but the sky was a black red color and everything seemed surreal, like
              > we were living in a painting.

              1. How did you feel in such an environment?When we were watching the tornado, I was fine. But when we got to the store, everything seemed errie and not real.
              2. Were you aware in any way whatsoever about the artificiality of the
                  situation?I noticed that I kept looking up at the sky wondering why it was such an odd color.

              > I love to have fun, most of friends could tell you that I can find humor and
              > positivity in any situation, no matter how bad or good the situation is.

              1. Has this always been the case?Ever since Grade school I was the class clown, always wanting to make people laugh even if I knew them or not, adults and kids alike.
              2. Are there any limits and/or boundary cases where such is hard, if not
                  impossible, to accomplish?No. I can find posivitiy in any thing. I did the eulogy at my Damian's funeral and made it as funny as I colud, because nobody like a somber time, so I put in funny stories of him as a child and everyone thanked me afterwards for taking edge off such a somber time.
              3. How do you get along with people who cannot share your sense of humour?To tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever ran into anybody who didn't..

              > To me, having fun means that nothing can really bring you down as long as
              > you can see the light at the end of a dark tunnel.

              1. What is the motor of yr attitude?
              2. What are the motives? When I see people down or in pain, I want to comfort them as much I can and have them smile. I have found that if you can make someone smile at the start of a conversation, you've already succeeded in comforting them.

              > I always need to be having fun and having a good time. If I'm just sitting by
              > myself with nobody around, I start to get nervous

              Why?I hate boredom. I've never liked spending time by myself because I always feel that I have to be on the move, keep my energy going. Maybe I need a hobby :)

              I always have to make someone laugh at lease once when I'm talking to them,
              > even if it's about the most stupidiest thing.

              Would you deem this a catalyst, or rather an impediment, to making and/or
              maintaining a deeper friendship I think I look at as a catalyst more.

              > I had a girlfriend once who was really into this whole Goth attitude and she
              > was always negative, I left her in a second.

              Would you say that this difference in outlook was the underlying cause of, or
              key contributor to, your severance?By far, yes. She said there was nothing positive in life to smile about because it was so filled with heartache, my ideology is the complete opposite.

              Thank you for your time.

              B(l)est,
              Volk

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • 520031788253-0001@t-online.de
              Message 6 of 8 , May 12, 2003
                Hullo Kay Gee,

                Thanks for following up.

                > I wolud just like to get the job I want now rather then later, but I'm still fine
                > as of now with what I'm doing.

                1. What job/occupational framework would that be?
                2. How much longer would you be happy doing what you do?

                > I think that's what drew me to talk to [this one boy], was that he was willing
                > to come out and talk to me, a stranger at the time (...) it gave him more of a
                > supernatural ability and for being such a young age and being able to do that
                > was incredible.

                Any antecedents and/or comparisons w/ waking life entities, however
                remotely

                I love taking pictures. I just finished a small book with a friend of mine from
                > school that depicts the whole age process, from children to adults.

                1. What is the title of your work?
                2. What response, if any, have you received thus far?
                3. Is that book publicly available?

                > The majority of my pictures are children and middle aged adults in action,
                > doing sports or working, stuff like that.

                So you are positively into life & people. How would you value/appreciate
                those portions of the discipline that contain little or none of either, such as
                1. landscape;
                2. industry & architecture;
                3. nature morte;
                4. abstract;
                5. anything regarding decay, bizarre, freakiness?

                Damian passed away 6 years ago and Daris passed away 3 years ago.
                > Damian was 12 when he died and Daris was 11. Damian fell ill with a bad
                > pneumia and Daris died after emergency surgery on his stomach.

                We understand that two deaths in the (close) family, the more so since still
                children, and within a relatively short span, must have been a very hard
                burden, and test.
                1. How have you & yours been able to cope with it?
                2. What solace and support have you received from your entourage, both
                    narrow and wide?
                3. Have you been able to make your peace with the status quo, or have there
                    been any grudges/second thoughts in the matter remaining?

                > Ever since Grade school I was the class clown, always wanting to make people
                > laugh even if I knew them or not, adults and kids alike.

                1. How did your environment respond?
                2. Would you deem your penchant/predilection a gift?

                I can find posivitiy in any thing. I did the eulogy at my Damian's funeral and
                > made it as funny as I colud, because nobody like a somber time, so I put in
                > funny stories of him as a child and everyone thanked me afterwards for taking
                > edge off such a somber time (...) When I see people down or in pain, I want to
                > comfort them as much I can and have them smile. I have found that if you can
                > make someone smile at the start of a conversation, you've already succeeded
                > in comforting them.

                These are marvellous examples of your efforts, and success, in coping with
                hardship and grief, and your strength to muster up such sentiments and attitude
                at the sight of your above brother's loss is to be admired.
                On the other hand, wouldn't you say that there *needs* to be a time for sadness,
                pain, and grievance, too, and that our failure to acknowledge, and fully fathom,
                such might do injustice to the situation, and equate imbalance?
                Put otherwise (and coming back to yr assertions regarding friendship et al. here),
                wouldn't happiness for its own sake be a (potential) blind alley on our search for
                profundity ... and peace?

                > I hate boredom. I've never liked spending time by myself because I always feel
                > that I have to be on the move, keep my energy going.

                How about rumination, meditation, introspection, prayer, and penitence?

                [I had a girlfriend once...] She said there was nothing positive in life to smile
                > about because it was so filled with heartache, my ideology is the complete
                > opposite.

                Granted. Understanding that you were very close once, there must have been
                something to offset and/or camouflage such an apparent incompatibility.

                Thank you for your time.

                B(l)est,
                Volk
              • kay gee
                Message 7 of 8 , May 12, 2003

                  520031788253-0001@... wrote:
                  Hullo Kay Gee,

                  Thanks for following up.

                  > I wolud just like to get the job I want now rather then later, but I'm still fine
                  > as of now with what I'm doing.

                  1. What job/occupational framework would that be?right now I'm just working in a respite home for sick kids but I hope to be a Teaching Aide in one of the hosptial schools.
                  2. How much longer would you be happy doing what you do?I would enjoy both jobs the same, it's just that the new one would pay more, so I could still work at the other one for as long as I need to.

                  > I think that's what drew me to talk to [this one boy], was that he was willing
                  > to come out and talk to me, a stranger at the time (...) it gave him more of a
                  > supernatural ability and for being such a young age and being able to do that
                  > was incredible.

                  Any antecedents and/or comparisons w/ waking life entities, however
                  remotelynot that I can think of off hand.

                  I love taking pictures. I just finished a small book with a friend of mine from
                  > school that depicts the whole age process, from children to adults.

                  1. What is the title of your work?Life In A Flash
                  2. What response, if any, have you received thus far?I've received lot's of positive fan mail so far, most people I talk to wonder when I'm going to do a second one.
                  3. Is that book publicly available?Some places, mostly around Canada in small book stores, no big chains yet, although I'm working on it.

                  > The majority of my pictures are children and middle aged adults in action,
                  > doing sports or working, stuff like that.

                  So you are positively into life & people. How would you value/appreciate
                  those portions of the discipline that contain little or none of either, such as
                  1. landscape;
                  2. industry & architecture;
                  3. nature morte;
                  4. abstract;
                  5. anything regarding decay, bizarre, freakiness?Whenever the opportunity arises fro me to take a good pic, I take it. It just happens to be people in general who take the best pics, that's why I chose to take pics of them. I have done pictures from almost all areas, but I just enjoy people more.

                  Damian passed away 6 years ago and Daris passed away 3 years ago.
                  > Damian was 12 when he died and Daris was 11. Damian fell ill with a bad
                  > pneumia and Daris died after emergency surgery on his stomach.

                  We understand that two deaths in the (close) family, the more so since still
                  children, and within a relatively short span, must have been a very hard
                  burden, and test.
                  1. How have you & yours been able to cope with it? Everyone took on different roles after the deaths, Dad didn;t want to believe it, Mom was really sad and depressed, I acted as the "rock" helping make plans etc and talking to other family members about it. I guess I was a mixture of emotions, or going through the stages as people call it.
                  2. What solace and support have you received from your entourage, both
                      narrow and wide?Everyone we knew was very supportive, making phone calls, checking up on us and just spending time with us, letting us know that theyw ere there for us whenever we needed their help.
                  3. Have you been able to make your peace with the status quo, or have there
                      been any grudges/second thoughts in the matter remaining?I've been able to make peace with it all, there's many other kids out their that need a home and our help, and we were there afterwards to take these others kids in because "life goes on"

                  > Ever since Grade school I was the class clown, always wanting to make people
                  > laugh even if I knew them or not, adults and kids alike.

                  1. How did your environment respond?People always seemed to enjoy the jokes I made and how I acted, it was refreshing to them to always be able to laugh in class instead of always taking stuff serious.
                  2. Would you deem your penchant/predilection a gift?I wouldn't say a gift, just a talent, but to some people, it could mean the same thing.

                  I can find posivitiy in any thing. I did the eulogy at my Damian's funeral and
                  > made it as funny as I colud, because nobody like a somber time, so I put in
                  > funny stories of him as a child and everyone thanked me afterwards for taking
                  > edge off such a somber time (...) When I see people down or in pain, I want to
                  > comfort them as much I can and have them smile. I have found that if you can
                  > make someone smile at the start of a conversation, you've already succeeded
                  > in comforting them.

                  These are marvellous examples of your efforts, and success, in coping with
                  hardship and grief, and your strength to muster up such sentiments and attitude
                  at the sight of your above brother's loss is to be admired.
                  On the other hand, wouldn't you say that there *needs* to be a time for sadness,
                  pain, and grievance, too, and that our failure to acknowledge, and fully fathom,
                  such might do injustice to the situation, and equate imbalance?
                  Put otherwise (and coming back to yr assertions regarding friendship et al. here),
                  wouldn't happiness for its own sake be a (potential) blind alley on our search for
                  profundity ... and peace?I spent my days crying myself to sleep. I was always just in a positive mood around others because it pains to me to see other people hurt. I know that it's healthy and normal to be sad, it's just that I didn't like seeing others sad. I always told them how I felt also, that I was sad to, but they understood that I wanted to see others happy before myself.

                  > I hate boredom. I've never liked spending time by myself because I always feel
                  > that I have to be on the move, keep my energy going.

                  How about rumination, meditation, introspection, prayer, and penitence?being a Christian, I spent lot's of my time in prayer, but it's usually only at night and first thing in the morning that I spend my "me" time.

                  [I had a girlfriend once...] She said there was nothing positive in life to smile
                  > about because it was so filled with heartache, my ideology is the complete
                  > opposite.

                  Granted. Understanding that you were very close once, there must have been
                  something to offset and/or camouflage such an apparent incompatibility. I was just always hoping that she would change, or that it was just a phase she was going through. When I realzie dthat she wouldn't change, that her mindset was on negativity, that's when I left.

                  Thank you for your time.

                  B(l)est,
                  Volk

                  Do you Yahoo!?
                • 520031788253-0001@t-online.de
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 12, 2003
                    Hullo Kay Gee encore,

                    Thanks for your response.

                    > right now I'm just working in a respite home for sick kids but I hope to be a
                    > Teaching Aide in one of the hosptial schools. I would enjoy both jobs the
                    > same, it's just that the new one would pay more, so I could still work at the
                    > other one for as long as I need to.

                    Understanding that remuneration is not yr key concern, would you say
                    altruism is? Experience both good & bad?

                    > I've received lot's of positive fan mail [for "Life In A Flash"] so far, most people
                    > I talk to wonder when I'm going to do a second one.

                    So, when are you?

                    > Whenever the opportunity arises fro me to take a good pic, I take it. It just
                    > happens to be people in general who take the best pics, that's why I chose
                    > to take pics of them. I have done pictures from almost all areas, but I just
                    > enjoy people more.

                    1. Any areas you would refrain from?
                    2. Any yet to discover?

                    > People always seemed to enjoy the jokes I made and how I acted, it was
                    > refreshing to them to always be able to laugh in class instead of always taking
                    > stuff serious.

                    But you could always tell the line twixt "funny" and "silly"?

                    > I've been able to make peace with it all, there's many other kids out their that
                    > need a home and our help, and we were there afterwards to take these others
                    > kids in because "life goes on"

                    A wonderful way of coping with it, and nicely put!

                    [I had a girlfriend once...] I was just always hoping that she would change, or
                    > that it was just a phase she was going through. When I realzie dthat she
                    > wouldn't change, that her mindset was on negativity, that's when I left.

                    But you were convinced that it was her who had to change, and not the two
                    of you to make an effort, of learning from each other?

                    Thank you for your time.

                    B(l)est,
                    Volk