[dreams] Eyebags pierced

  • 520031788253-0001@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 2, 2003
      Hullo dreamscapists et al.,

      One of ours for a change, of the night elapsed.

      Dreamer reports:
      Tramp couple in their mid 20s dormant in the lounge breeds no suspicion, even though their only
      link [to us] seems to be the furious cold, the lack of bread, and our house being on their itinerary.
      On the other hand, they could be a tad more grateful when it comes to helping themselves from
      the fridge.  Their venture tales I cannot hear (even though a Sat morn) since on errands, criss-
      crossing potholed roads, motorway snippets, some rural patchwork, bows of sapling green, pipes
      and ducts traversed against the grain, furry eels astray. Subpar-to-expectations atelier at last,
      the body modifier wastes no time on niceties but has them buttons fixed pretty soon. Except
      that I wanted rings, and none of my eyebags/lower eyelids pierced in the act. But then, there was
      no pain involved, at least.

      Any response, rant & rave warmly welcome.

      B(l)est,
      Volk
    • 520031788253-0001@t-online.de
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 2, 2003
        ... another, earlier one of ours/hers, not (yet) posted to the list, since no member then, for your
        consideration (not to say there needs to be any link, of course):

        A dorsal scape. As if that's all there is in the whole world. Then, after a long time, there comes me
        into the game, and then the desire to touch. Gradually approaching, against all inbred inhibition
        those pustules might contain contagious disease, and quite fat they are indeed, nutritious lakes on
        the map of fate. Yet the desire grows stronger and eventually I get my fingertip across and then
        another one, and still another, soon pushing my entire hand against. The back feels warm and
        pleasant, and in fact less pustulous than it looks, and when the body turns around, a Caucasian
        male, barely grown out of boyhood, not the cutest lad to look at, in fact wearing quite a puffed-up
        mug, even this, equally pustulous, I have a desire to touch, and he lets me do. No wince, no sneer,
        no sordid mimicry. Gradually the surroundings become noticeable as a tranquil section of a beach
        with narrow concrete layers interlaced that might pertain to a mosaic or like structure, and the sky
        somewhat tempered by a number of diaphanous sheets like a makeshift tent, or canopy, except
        way loftier still and less profane. His little sister is there, too, stumbling twixt no furniture at all but
        some candyfloss sheets, or shreds of cocoon, that lie about. She's still in her pre-teens, and not the
        most talkative, in which void just engendered I do not immediately notice the first person has already
        left.

        Thank you for your time.

        B(l)est,
        Volk
      • Rosemary Hollis
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 2, 2003

          Hmmm
          Hi Volk and dreamers
          I think it is an escapist dream from working too hard and having too many commitments in live.   It has a lot of nervous energy in it.   Sorta wound up ...because the scenes are very quick with their movement.   Maybe it's how you dreamt it....or remembered it.....but there is a lot of energy in there.  It seems to me that that the dream is telling you to  harness your energy and focus into something particular in your life.

          Are you having trouble at work Volk?
          Cheers
          Rosemary

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 2, 2003
            Hullo Rosemary,

            Thanks for your kind injection(s).

            > I think it is an escapist dream from working too hard and having too many
            > commitments in live.   It has a lot of nervous energy in it.

            Anything particular that makes you think so?

            > Sorta wound up ...because the scenes are very quick with their movement.
            > Maybe it's how you dreamt it....or remembered it.....but there is a lot of
            > energy in there.

            Maybe due to the (somewhat condensed) mailing-format narration, too, aiming
            not to trouble you with (apparently) unnecessary details, for the time being.

            > Are you having trouble at work Volk?

            "Ours" not mine. Dreamer is Primrose -- female, Caucasian, of Franco-
            German
            descent, (still) attending (the equivalent of) grammar school.

            Subsequent (to the dream proper) discussion essentially targeted the following
            aspects:

            1st scene:
            1. Tramps where none pertain. Sentiments of pity, worry, or just indifference?
            2. Who made the rules (itinerary, fridge...)?
            3. Mixed emotions (venture stories vs. errands) ... fear of missing anything?

            2nd scene:
            1. Actually the dream portion most detached from waking life parameters,
                more akin to a series of artful shots/cuts to go with an avant-garde movie,
                and somewhat (wilfully) condensed, statements like "I could hardly breathe"
                (when traversing some of the ducts), and "I felt like clay" (when walking
                soggy forest soil) being among the portions non-disclosed thus far.
            2. Despite the chores (walking long distance, uneven ground ...), thoroughly
                enjoyed (a marked change of tone during the (oral) narration) (?).
            3. "furry eels astray" - over-image housing/hiding what?

            3rd scene:
            1. "Subpar..." - what was expected, in lieu? On what grounds?
            2. What exactly does a "body modifier" do? We learn about those piercings
                later-on, but is this it?
            3. Buttons vs. rings - why the pref? Why unfulfilled?
            4. Lower eyelids pierced - latest fad or lapse of reason?
            5. No anaesthesia, (and yet) no pain - shock? willpower? magic?

            Your further comments/queries/... warmly welcome.

            Suede dreams encore!
            Volk