Re: Yr mail as of 210103 23:18 CEWT ([dreams] Freaky dream)

  • EMWhisker@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 24, 2003
      Has this Bible ever been used for anything else than quiet reading?

      An entity of reverence, and reference, one would not challenge, or criticise

      in vain... (?) Sounds about right.

      Inversely put, what would have been Billy's role in the dream without Jason

      being on site?
      > Jason probably would have hurt me (...)

      Physically?
    • EMWhisker@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 24, 2003
        Meep. Pay no attention to that previous message; it was sent against my will
        o.O

        Has this Bible ever been used for anything else than quiet reading? There
        are some psalms in it that I sometimes used to use as prayers.

        An entity of reverence, and reference, one would not challenge, or criticise

        in vain... (?) That sounds about right.

        Inversely put, what would have been Billy's role in the dream without Jason

        being on site? I'm not sure. Jason was pretty much the main focus of the
        dream, and there was no one around. If Jason hadn't been there, the dream
        probably would have been just Bill and I talking to each other.

        > Jason probably would have hurt me (...)

        Physically? Yes, I think so.

        1. Did the [2nd] dream occur before the one at issue, or thereafter? It
        happened a few days later.

        2. Does the sadness refer to the fact and/or circumstances of such (oneiric)

        death, or anything else? ::looks up the word "oneiric"- it's not in the
        dictionary o.O:: Um. Well, basically I was sad because I was standing
        there watching him die and couldn't do anything about it. Which says a lot
        about my psyche in relation to him, I suppose. o.O;;

        3. Would you say drugs (however defined) are "evil", or a "mixed blessing",

        rather? I don't like 'em at all, and I wouldn't take them if they were
        offered to me. If you could do those sort of things without ruining your
        body and brain I wouldn't have a problem with it, but as it is, it's just not
        worth the risk.

        -Emily
      • 520031788253-0001@t-online.de
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 24, 2003
          Hullo Emily encore,

          > There are some psalms in [the Bible] that I sometimes used to use as prayers.

          Which ones, essentially?

          > It happened a few days later.

          Would you subscribe to any of the following:
          1. Dream_2 "Jason dies on drugs" is a response to T_1 "Jason & Bill";
          2. (bluntly put:) "If he's dead, he cannot physically hurt me anymore
              (as he probably would, when meeting me alone)"?

          > (...) basically I was sad because I was standing there watching him die and couldn't
          > do anything about it. Which says a lot about my psyche in relation to him, I suppose.

          Would it be safe to say you lost Jason to drugs?

          > I don't like 'em at all, and I wouldn't take them if they were offered to me. If you could
          > do those sort of things without ruining your body and brain I wouldn't have a problem
          > with it, but as it is, it's just not worth the risk.

          If drugs *were* safe/non-harmful/legal, would you:
          1. tolerate third party use;
          2. use some yourself (which?);
          3. advocate/propagate consumption;
          4. get into biz?

          Eventually,
          1. Does (or did) Jason share your liking for pets/cats? Dogs?
          2. Do (or did) Jason and your father/mother get along well?
          3. Since when do you know Jason?

          Thanks for your time.

          Sweet dreams!
          Volk
        • EMWhisker@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 26, 2003
            Which ones [psalms], essentially? Only one; the one that everyone's heard:
            "The Lord is my shepard, I shall not want," etc.

            Would you subscribe to any of the following:

            1. Dream_2 "Jason dies on drugs" is a response to T_1 "Jason & Bill";

            2. (bluntly put:) "If he's dead, he cannot physically hurt me anymore

            (as he probably would, when meeting me alone)"? I don't think I would
            agree with either of those. The dreams did not seem to be connected except
            for Jason's presence, and I did not feel glad in the least to see him dying.

            Would it be safe to say you lost Jason to drugs? I think it would, to some
            degree.

            If drugs *were* safe/non-harmful/legal, would you:

            1. tolerate third party use; Yes.

            2. use some yourself (which?) Honestly? Probably, yes. I would probably
            get into drinking alcohol. I sort of have this fixation on it, which is a
            secret that up until now I've only shared with Jason because I figured he
            would be the only one who'd understand it (and he did). I've never acted on
            these thoughts, though.

            3. advocate/propagate consumption; Well, I've never been one to force my
            beliefs on others. Even if it was safe I wouldn't tell people that they
            "had" to do it; if they want to or not, it's their choice. It's the same way
            now, I don't like drugs at all and I say so, but I would never try to force
            someone to stop taking them unless I thought their life was at stake (as a
            follow-up to that, Jason is now in rehab, so I haven't spoken to him for a
            while, but I'm not that worried about him).

            4. get into biz? Probably not.

            1. Does (or did) Jason share your liking for pets/cats? Dogs? I think so; he
            generally likes animals, I couldn't tell you his favorite.

            2. Do (or did) Jason and your father/mother get along well? He and my Dad
            get along well because my Dad thinks Jason is an interesting guy although he
            does not advocate his drug-using behavior; my Mom is a bit suspicious of him,
            as she has a right to be.

            3. Since when do you know Jason? Since 4 years ago. He wasn't into drugs t
            hen.

            -Emily
          • Kara Hutton
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 26, 2003
              how do i get off this server?? I do not want to
              receive emails about dreams anymore!!!
              help!
              KH

              http://mailplus.yahoo.com
            • 520031788253-0001@t-online.de
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 26, 2003
                Hullo Emily once more,

                Thanks for following up on this one, as well.

                > Only one [psalm]; the one that everyone's heard:  "The Lord is my
                > shepard, I shall not want," etc.

                But that's quite a potent one, innit, also for oneiric rides...

                >> Does (or did) Jason share your liking for pets/cats? Dogs?
                > I think so; he generally likes animals, I couldn't tell you his favorite

                1. Meaning you don't know, or wouldn't want to?
                2. If to the latter, could any other beasts than cat/dog/hamster
                    be in the mix? Anything more "creepy"?

                B(l)est,
                Volk
              • 520031788253-0001@t-online.de
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 26, 2003
                  Hullo dreamscapists et al.,

                  Do allow for departure on another topic: Sound In Dream

                  Even though our nocturnal cinema may be mainly visual, what sort of sounds accompany
                  those images?

                  1. Just the same as during the day?
                  2. ... but more refined, enhanced, purified...?
                  3. ... somewhat sped up, slowed down, distorted, assembled, estranged ...?
                  4. ... soundscapes one might call music (whatever this entails)?
                  5. ... actual music you may have listened to (either altered or not)?
                  6. ... songs/tracks you composed yourself, or would have liked to...?
                  7. ... or maybe were able to, after the dream...?
                  8. ... or else perceptions not attributable to sound only, but blending with scent, taste...?

                  Any suggestions/specimens/... warmly welcome.

                  Suede dreams!
                  Volk
                • 520031788253-0001@t-online.de
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 2, 2003
                    Hullo dreamscapists et al.,

                    One of ours for a change, of the night elapsed.

                    Dreamer reports:
                    Tramp couple in their mid 20s dormant in the lounge breeds no suspicion, even though their only
                    link [to us] seems to be the furious cold, the lack of bread, and our house being on their itinerary.
                    On the other hand, they could be a tad more grateful when it comes to helping themselves from
                    the fridge.  Their venture tales I cannot hear (even though a Sat morn) since on errands, criss-
                    crossing potholed roads, motorway snippets, some rural patchwork, bows of sapling green, pipes
                    and ducts traversed against the grain, furry eels astray. Subpar-to-expectations atelier at last,
                    the body modifier wastes no time on niceties but has them buttons fixed pretty soon. Except
                    that I wanted rings, and none of my eyebags/lower eyelids pierced in the act. But then, there was
                    no pain involved, at least.

                    Any response, rant & rave warmly welcome.

                    B(l)est,
                    Volk
                  • 520031788253-0001@t-online.de
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 2, 2003
                      ... another, earlier one of ours/hers, not (yet) posted to the list, since no member then, for your
                      consideration (not to say there needs to be any link, of course):

                      A dorsal scape. As if that's all there is in the whole world. Then, after a long time, there comes me
                      into the game, and then the desire to touch. Gradually approaching, against all inbred inhibition
                      those pustules might contain contagious disease, and quite fat they are indeed, nutritious lakes on
                      the map of fate. Yet the desire grows stronger and eventually I get my fingertip across and then
                      another one, and still another, soon pushing my entire hand against. The back feels warm and
                      pleasant, and in fact less pustulous than it looks, and when the body turns around, a Caucasian
                      male, barely grown out of boyhood, not the cutest lad to look at, in fact wearing quite a puffed-up
                      mug, even this, equally pustulous, I have a desire to touch, and he lets me do. No wince, no sneer,
                      no sordid mimicry. Gradually the surroundings become noticeable as a tranquil section of a beach
                      with narrow concrete layers interlaced that might pertain to a mosaic or like structure, and the sky
                      somewhat tempered by a number of diaphanous sheets like a makeshift tent, or canopy, except
                      way loftier still and less profane. His little sister is there, too, stumbling twixt no furniture at all but
                      some candyfloss sheets, or shreds of cocoon, that lie about. She's still in her pre-teens, and not the
                      most talkative, in which void just engendered I do not immediately notice the first person has already
                      left.

                      Thank you for your time.

                      B(l)est,
                      Volk
                    • Rosemary Hollis
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 2, 2003

                        Hmmm
                        Hi Volk and dreamers
                        I think it is an escapist dream from working too hard and having too many commitments in live.   It has a lot of nervous energy in it.   Sorta wound up ...because the scenes are very quick with their movement.   Maybe it's how you dreamt it....or remembered it.....but there is a lot of energy in there.  It seems to me that that the dream is telling you to  harness your energy and focus into something particular in your life.

                        Are you having trouble at work Volk?
                        Cheers
                        Rosemary

                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 2, 2003
                          Hullo Rosemary,

                          Thanks for your kind injection(s).

                          > I think it is an escapist dream from working too hard and having too many
                          > commitments in live.   It has a lot of nervous energy in it.

                          Anything particular that makes you think so?

                          > Sorta wound up ...because the scenes are very quick with their movement.
                          > Maybe it's how you dreamt it....or remembered it.....but there is a lot of
                          > energy in there.

                          Maybe due to the (somewhat condensed) mailing-format narration, too, aiming
                          not to trouble you with (apparently) unnecessary details, for the time being.

                          > Are you having trouble at work Volk?

                          "Ours" not mine. Dreamer is Primrose -- female, Caucasian, of Franco-
                          German
                          descent, (still) attending (the equivalent of) grammar school.

                          Subsequent (to the dream proper) discussion essentially targeted the following
                          aspects:

                          1st scene:
                          1. Tramps where none pertain. Sentiments of pity, worry, or just indifference?
                          2. Who made the rules (itinerary, fridge...)?
                          3. Mixed emotions (venture stories vs. errands) ... fear of missing anything?

                          2nd scene:
                          1. Actually the dream portion most detached from waking life parameters,
                              more akin to a series of artful shots/cuts to go with an avant-garde movie,
                              and somewhat (wilfully) condensed, statements like "I could hardly breathe"
                              (when traversing some of the ducts), and "I felt like clay" (when walking
                              soggy forest soil) being among the portions non-disclosed thus far.
                          2. Despite the chores (walking long distance, uneven ground ...), thoroughly
                              enjoyed (a marked change of tone during the (oral) narration) (?).
                          3. "furry eels astray" - over-image housing/hiding what?

                          3rd scene:
                          1. "Subpar..." - what was expected, in lieu? On what grounds?
                          2. What exactly does a "body modifier" do? We learn about those piercings
                              later-on, but is this it?
                          3. Buttons vs. rings - why the pref? Why unfulfilled?
                          4. Lower eyelids pierced - latest fad or lapse of reason?
                          5. No anaesthesia, (and yet) no pain - shock? willpower? magic?

                          Your further comments/queries/... warmly welcome.

                          Suede dreams encore!
                          Volk