Yr mail as of 200103 20:16 CEWT ([dreams] Creepy Dream... Interpretation?)

  • 520031788253-0001@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 20, 2003
      Hullo Emily,

      Thanks for your early reply, and your exhaustive answers.

      A few comments, and some more queries, if you allow:

      1st scene:

      >> I dreamed that my family had a little brown dog, but it either died or ran away.
      > Never had a dog.  Throughout the course of my life I've had a Guinea Pig and two Hampsters. They all
      > died, but that was a long time ago.
      1. Even though your other pets do not (necessarily) match the description, can you tell us anything about
          them? Any pranks or anecdotes? How far away are these memories?
      2. Other than real/waking life dogs that could have mattered, are there any in (your favourite) fiction? Books,
          movies, games...?
      3. Any earlier dreams involving dogs or kindred animals (wolves, foxes...)?

      >> So we got a dalmation.

      4. If not the dog proper maybe the looks would help. Anything in your environment that matches a "short,
          smooth white coat covered with black/dark spots"? Any object, clothing, interior design?

      > I'm not averse to dogs at all, unless they seem intimidating.

      5. Are there any dogs that are? Any events to report?

      > I would like to have a pet if I could, probably a cat.

      6. Why aren't you allowed to have one? Is this "the thing" (see below) you and your father have an issue with?
      7. Any reason why you favour cats over dogs? Anything to tell about your e-mail alias in this respect?

      2nd scene:

      >> I was lying in bed, and the dog came and sat on the bed with me. I petted it and it licked my face. Then it
      >> came under the covers with me, and I was hugging it. Suddenly I heard it speak: "Kkkiiiiillllll...  Daaaaadd..."
      >> This dog wanted me to murder my father. I kept
      telling it I couldn't, but it kept persisting.

      > The only thing I can think of is that "Son of Sam" guy who- well- got orders to kill from his dog, who he
      > claimed was talking to him.

      1. Exactly. How fresh, and how vivid, is this memory? How do you feel about the individual (David Berkowitz),
          and the phenomenon (serial killers/killings)?

      > Well, recently there's been this thing that I've been wanting Dad to do, and he wants to as well, but for
      > some reason he keeps putting it off.  I understand that he's busy sometimes, but I still get angry that it's
      > taking us so long to get it done.

      2. Would you tell us more about "this thing", and why it is an issue? Any relation to 1.6. above?

      > a brother. He's 5 years older than me, and at college.

      3. Are you and your elder brother getting along well? Any issues (recently)? Anything involving pets/animals?

      3rd scene:

      >> it was the morning, and I went into the kitchen and saw Dad sitting at the table, drinking coffee.  There were
      >> decorations all over the kitchen, because it was some kind of holiday taking place on December 1st...  We
      >> were having casual conversation, and the dog was nowhere in sight, but I kept feeling really creeped out.
      > a public holiday, something sort of like Christmas. Weekend. It seemed to be late in the morning by the light,
      > and the mood was very relaxed.

      But you weren't at all, considering what the dog had ordered you to do.
      1. When exactly did the dream occur?
      2. How was your Christmas past? Anything not quite the way you wanted perhaps?

      > [the date, Dec 1st] seemed important in the dream.

      3. Anything that happened on December 1st, past year, or the year(s) before? Anything that should have
          happened, and didn't?

      > There were a lot of stringed beads lying all over the counter and by the microwave, though they seemed to have
      > been placed there on purpose.  The beads were pink.  Also there were things hanging from the ceiling.

      4. Some (fairly uncommon sort of) tinsel for your hemlock, or (toy) jewellery? What size/shape were the beads?
          Simple strings or complex arrangements? Anything of likes in your home that would serve for end-of-year
          festivities, or otherwise?

      Eventually, did you tell your family (your father in particular) about your dream? Do you & yours have a habit
      to share dreams?

      Looking forward to reading you.

      B(l)est,
      Volk
    • EMWhisker@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 21, 2003
        1. Even though your other pets do not (necessarily) match the description,

        can you tell us anything about

        them? Any pranks or anecdotes? How far away are these memories?
        ::thinks:: Well... The guinea pig. The guinea pig was named Marshmellow,
        and I don't remember much about him, but I do remember that he ran away. The
        two hampsters- Fluffy and Hampster Huey... Fluffy was technically mine and
        Huey was my brother's. I used to take Fluffy out of the cage and have him
        sit on my lap while I went online. I also built little mazes for him out of
        blocks. He died on the day of my eleventh birthday party; a bit of shock for
        me since I was reaching into the cage to show him to my friends. After that
        my brother "gave" me Huey.

        2. Other than real/waking life dogs that could have mattered, are there any

        in (your favourite) fiction? Books,

        movies, games...? My cousin has a dog, though he is very friendly and he
        doesn't match the descriptions of either of the two dream dogs. I cannot
        think of any fictional ones that I've really liked...

        3. Any earlier dreams involving dogs or kindred animals (wolves, foxes...)?
        I one had a dream where I befirended a little talking fox named Roderick...
        :-) That one was nice; no muderous undertones. :-D

        4. If not the dog proper maybe the looks would help. Anything in your

        environment that matches a "short,

        smooth white coat covered with black/dark spots"? Any object, clothing,

        interior design?

        5. Are there any dogs that are agressive? Any events to report? I was once
        knocked over by a big dog. It was just being playful, but it scared me.

        6. Why aren't you allowed to have one? Is this "the thing" (see below) you

        and your father have an issue with? Not allowed to have one 'cause my Mom's
        very, very allergic. She's been getting shots for it for the past few years,
        so she says if I ever get a cat once I've got my own place, at least she'll
        be able to visit for a couple days...

        7. Any reason why you favour cats over dogs? Anything to tell about your

        e-mail alias in this respect? I like the mystery of cats in respect to
        fictional stories and history (i.e. the way the Egyptians worshipped them).
        They just seem like very poetic creatures, and affectionate too. And yes, my
        e-mail addy does come out of my love for cats... >^.^<

        1. Exactly. How fresh, and how vivid, is this memory? How do you feel about

        the individual (David Berkowitz),

        and the phenomenon (serial killers/killings)? I don't really know the
        specifics of the case, I only heard about it from the movie "My Cousin Vinny"
        o.O So, well, I can't say anything about Berkowitz specfically, but I can
        say that I think serial killers are, well... insane. Killing's not such a
        nice thing to do...

        2. Would you tell us more about "this thing", and why it is an issue? Any

        relation to 1.6. above? Ah. well, the only reason I didn't say specifically
        what it was is because I didn't think it had much to do with the dream; what
        the thing is, that is. If you must know, my Dad owns a music studio, and he
        just recently bought some new equipment in order to start recording things
        again- but he hasn't set it up yet. I think I'd have fun playing around
        with the synthesizers and all; maybe mix a few things myself. Which is why
        I've been on his back about it.

        3. Are you and your elder brother getting along well? Any issues (recently)?

        Anything involving pets/animals? Nope, no fights between us. We've always
        gotten along rather well.

        But you weren't at all, considering what the dog had ordered you to do:
        Well, yes. But as I said, Dad had his bathrobe on and was drinking coffee.

        1. When exactly did the dream occur? Very recently... The night before the
        day I sent the e-mail. Which would be the night of the 18th.

        2. How was your Christmas past? Anything not quite the way you wanted

        perhaps? This Christmas I pretty much knew what I was getting because I put
        it all on an amazon.com wish list, and when I went onto the website it said
        that 11 out of my 16 items had been bought... They were things I really
        wanted, so I was happy I got them, but it was a bit anticlimactic.

        3. Anything that happened on December 1st, past year, or the year(s) before?

        Anything that should have

        happened, and didn't? I'm sorry, but I really can't remember. I checked
        in my diary before, but I didn't write anything down on that day. So if
        something DID happen or was supposed to happen and didn't, it probably didn't
        seem like that big a deal at the time.

        4. Some (fairly uncommon sort of) tinsel for your hemlock, or (toy)

        jewellery? Toy jewelry.

        What size/shape were the beads? About as big as marbles. Mostly round but
        faceted, like diamonds.

        Simple strings or complex arrangements? Just simple strings, laid in
        bunches around the room.

        Anything of likes in your home that would serve for end-of-year

        festivities, or otherwise? Nope. I had a lot of fake/costume jewelry
        like that when I was little, but we don't use it as decorations. ~.^ >>

        Thanks again...

        -Emily
      • 520031788253-0001@t-online.de
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 21, 2003
          Hullo Emily,

          Thanks for your prompt reply, and your exhaustive answers.

          (...) The guinea pig was named Marshmellow, and I don't remember much about him, but I do
          > remember that he ran away.

          Like the little brown dog in the 1st dream scene. What did Marshmellow look like?

          > The two hampsters-  Fluffy and Hampster Huey...  Fluffy was technically mine and Huey
          > was my brother's.  I used to take Fluffy out of the cage and have him sit on my lap while I
          > went online. I also built little mazes for him out of blocks.

          So Fluffy was an intimate friend...

          > He died on the day of my eleventh birthday party; a bit of shock for me since I was reaching
          > into the cage to show him to my friends. After that my brother "gave" me Huey.

          As an act of consolation. Did both hamsters look alike (as to their coat, or otherwise)? Did you
          seek and find solace with Huey? What happened to him, eventually?

          > I one had a dream where I befirended a little talking fox named Roderick...  :-)

          Any detail of that dream which could be related, loosely or narrowly, to our dream at issue?

          > That one was nice; no muderous undertones.  :-D

          Did the dream, or parts thereof, ever recur? Any evolution?

          > Not allowed to have one 'cause my Mom's very, very allergic.  She's been getting shots for it for
          > the past few years, so she says if I ever get a cat once I've got my own place, at least she'll
          > be able to visit for a couple
          days...

          1. Has your mother ever been in serious health troubles due to this? Any antecedents involving pets?
              Those of your childhood? Cats and dogs in particular?
          2. Have you made your peace with this situation?
          3. What would be your (anticipated) schedule for the forthcoming years. Career? Moving?

          > I like the mystery of cats in respect to fictional stories and history (i.e. the way the Egyptians
          > worshipped them). They just seem like very poetic creatures, and affectionate too.

          Any feline heroes of your dreams? In fiction? In real/waking life? Looks? Stories to tell?

          > And yes, my e-mail addy does come out of my love for cats... >^.^<

          ;_)

          > I don't really know the specifics of the [Son of Sam] case, I only heard about it from the movie "My
          > Cousin Vinny" o.O  So, well, I can't say anything about Berkowitz specfically, but I can say that I
          > think serial killers are, well...  insane.

          Not really a hero, then ...

          Killing's not such a nice thing to do...

          Granted. Have you ever considered a like issue (i.e. killing or being killed) at any stage of your life?
          The wrath/pain/loss/anguish/guilt/... involved? Perhaps at a minor degree, such as with pestering
          insects crushed, or mice caught in traps, or else the food we eat?

          > I didn't think it had much to do with the dream; what the thing is, that is.

          Maybe.

          > If you must know, my Dad owns a music studio, and he just recently bought some new equipment
          > in order to start recording things again-  but he hasn't set it up yet.  I think I'd have fun playing around

          with the synthesizers and all; maybe mix a few things myself.  Which is why I've been on his back
          > about it.

          1. Has your interest in music manifested itself in any way? Playing an instrument? Ever composed
              anything (for yourself or others)? Any specific topics you (would like to) cover?
          2. Any earlier issues ever with your father, which may or may not be in relation to the above?

          > This Christmas I pretty much knew what I was getting because I put it all on an amazon.com wish list,
          > and when I went onto the website it said that 11 out of my 16 items had been bought...  They were
          > things I really wanted, so I was happy I got them, but it was a bit anticlimactic.

          Understandable. What were the things you wanted (whether put online or not) and did *not* get?

          > I checked in my diary before, but I didn't write anything down on that day [Dec 1st]. So if
          > something DID happen or was supposed to
          happen and didn't, it probably didn't seem like that
          > big a deal at the time. (...)
          > Toy jewelry. About as big as marbles. Mostly round but faceted, like diamonds. Just simple
          > strings, laid in bunches around the room. I had a lot of fake/costume jewelry like that when I
          > was little, but we don't use it as decorations.

          1. How little were you then? Was any of it used in the frame of your birthday decorations?
          2. When do you have your birthday?
          3. Any details you recall from your 11th, beside Fluffy's demise, as mentioned above?

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 24, 2003
            Like the little brown dog in the 1st dream scene. What did Marshmellow look

            like? Tan, with a white stripe around his middle.

            As an act of consolation. Did both hamsters look alike (as to their coat, or

            otherwise)? Nope. Fluffy looked kind of like Marshmellow, and Huey was all
            white.

            Did you seek and find solace with Huey? Yup.

            What happened to him, eventually? He died as well. I wasn't as shaken up by
            it as with Fluffy.

            Any detail of that dream which could be related, loosely or narrowly, to our

            dream at issue? I don't think so. It took place away from my home and
            didn't involve any of my family members. Roderick DID have the ability to
            speak, though...

            Did the dream, or parts thereof, ever recur? Any evolution? Nope, not that
            one.

            1. Has your mother ever been in serious health troubles due to this? Any

            antecedents involving pets? Nothing serious that I can remember.

            Those of your childhood? Cats and dogs in particular? A cat once
            followed my brother home and we kept him for five days. Mom's allergies were
            acting up all throughout that time, but she never got seriously ill.

            2. Have you made your peace with this situation? Yup.

            3. What would be your (anticipated) schedule for the forthcoming years.

            Career? Moving? Well, college first- I'll be studying liberal arts in order
            to zoom in on what I really want to do. Once I find that and graduate, I'll
            find a job and my own place, probably.

            Any feline heroes of your dreams? In fiction? In real/waking life? Looks?

            Stories to tell? Plenty in fiction, and I've had dozens of dreams involving
            cats.

            Granted. Have you ever considered a like issue (i.e. killing or being killed)
            at any stage of your life? Yes, but not in any way where I was really
            considering doing away with someone, or was really truly suspicious of being
            attacked myself.

            The wrath/pain/loss/anguish/guilt/... involved? Perhaps at a minor degree,

            such as with pestering insects crushed, or mice caught in traps, or else the
            food we eat? Yes, I do think about those things from time to time. I often
            quickly apologize to spiders before I smush them o.O;

            1. Has your interest in music manifested itself in any way? Playing an

            instrument? Ever composed anything (for yourself or others)? Any specific
            topics you (would like to) cover? Most definetely. Both of my parents are
            musical people, so they have influenced me a lot in that area. I've done
            piano and violin at different points in my life, but never went real far with
            them; I'm more of a singer. I also like to write songs.

            2. Any earlier issues ever with your father, which may or may not be in

            relation to the above? Nothing big. We have little arguments every now and
            then, but nothing that ever caused me to hold a grudge.

            Understandable. What were the things you wanted (whether put online or not)

            and did *not* get? There were a couple of books that were out of stock, as
            well as an anime (Japanese animated TV show) video and a comic book trade
            paperback.

            1. How little were you then? Was any of it used in the frame of your

            birthday decorations? I had my costume trunk for a pretty long time, maybe
            up until I was 12 or 13.

            2. When do you have your birthday? April 28th.

            3. Any details you recall from your 11th, beside Fluffy's demise, as

            mentioned above? Not really; only the identities of a friend or two who
            attended...

            Awaiting analysis/more fun questions ;-) ...
            -Emily
          • 520031788253-0001@t-online.de
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 24, 2003
              Hullo Emily,

              Thanks for following up on this one, again.

              > Fluffy looked kind of like Marshmellow [i.e. Tan, with a white stripe around his
              > middle] and Huey was all white.

              Hence, your Fluffy comes close to the (oneiric) little brown dog, in appearance,
              whereas Huey at least shares some similarities with the (dream) Dalmatian.

              > I wasn't as shaken up by it as with Fluffy.

              1. Why not?
              2. How did your mother/father relate to either of them hamsters?

              > It [the fox dream] took place away from my home and didn't involve any of my
              > family members.

              Was anybody else involved? What was the topic/core of the dream?

              > Roderick DID have the ability to speak, though...

              What did he say, essentially?

              > Plenty [feline heroes] in fiction, and I've had dozens of dreams involving cats.

              Cats that speak? That do, or ask you to do, strange things (pls specify)?

              > (...) not in any way where I was really considering doing away with someone (...)

              Anyone else with a reason? (Pls feel free not to respond, or camouflage characters
              as "Jill", "Bill"...).

              [birthday] April 28th.

              1. When is your father's? Your mother's?
              2. Anybody else of your entourage having his/her birthday on a 1st, or in December?
              3. Anything else ever occurred on the day that you recall, now that we've been talking
                  about for quite some time?
              4. Your name day is on Sept. 19th, if my calendar serves me right. In case you do
                  celebrate this, anything noteworthy ever happened on that day?
              5. Do you have any other Christian names that might celebrate on or around Dec 1st?
                  Anybody else?

              > Both of my parents are musical people, so they have influenced me a lot in that area.
              > I've done piano and violin at different points in my life, but never went real far with
              > them; I'm more of a singer. I also like to write songs.

              1. What do you sing?
              2. Member of any choir?

              > [details you recall from your 11thonly the identities of a friend or two who attended..

              Do these people still play a part in your life now?

              B(l)est,
              Volk
            • EMWhisker@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 26, 2003
                1. Why [were you not as shaken up]? I was older by then and more mature, and
                Huey's death wasn't so much as a shock (whereas I found Fluffy dead with my
                own two hands, I think Huey died while I was at school)

                2. How did your mother/father relate to either of them hamsters? They didn't
                really 'relate' to them. I suppose they liked the hampsters all right, but
                they didn't seem to form any kind of bond with them.

                Was anybody else involved [in the fox dream]? A friend of mine, but she
                didn't end up playing a very big role.

                What was the topic/core of the dream? The friendship between me + Roderick.

                What did [Roderick] say, essentially? What he said didn't have much meaning
                in the dream, it was more of what the dream was about and the dream's
                specific events that stuck with me. I can tell you that we were friends and
                that we went through an adventure together, and near the end Roderick died
                when we both had to jump off a cliff into a river.

                Cats that speak? That do, or ask you to do, strange things (pls specify)?
                Cats that speak in the books and movies I know them from, but... actually, I
                don't think I've ever had a talking cat in my dreams.

                1. [Birthdays] When is your father's? Your mother's? Respectively, March
                14th and January 10th.

                2. Anybody else of your entourage having his/her birthday on a 1st, or in

                December? My friend Bill from the other dream has a birthday on a 2nd, but
                nowhere near December.

                3. Anything else ever occurred on the day that you recall, now that we've

                been talking about for quite some time? Not that I recall.

                4. Your name day is on Sept. 19th, if my calendar serves me right. In case

                you do celebrate this, anything noteworthy ever happened on that day? I
                don't know what a name day is. Guess that answers the question...

                5. Do you have any other Christian names that might celebrate on or around

                Dec 1st? Nope.

                Anybody else? Nope.

                1. What do you sing? Broadway and folk music, mostly. And my own songs.

                2. Member of any choir? At school, yes.

                Do these people [at the party] still play a part in your life now? Not the
                one that I remember.

                -Emily
              • 520031788253-0001@t-online.de
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 26, 2003
                  Hullo Emily encore,

                  Thanks for more details on this issue.

                  > I was older by then and more mature, and Huey's death wasn't so much as a shock
                  > (whereas I found Fluffy dead with my own two hands, I think Huey died while I was
                  > at school)

                  Would you say Fluffy's death was about the most intense experience of loss of someone
                  close, at least until then?

                  > They didn't really 'relate' to them.  I suppose they liked the hampsters all right, but they
                  > didn't seem to form any kind of bond with them.

                  But they weren't ever in their way, nor did any of your parents got bitten, or was otherwise
                  occasioned to be angry at these pets?

                  > The friendship between me + Roderick (...) we went through an adventure together, and
                  > near the end Roderick died when we both had to jump off a cliff into a river.

                  Would that compare to the one you shared with Fluffy? If so, where are the overlaps,
                  where the differences?

                  > Cats that speak in the books and movies I know them from, but...  actually, I don't think
                  > I've ever had a talking cat in my dreams.

                  Cats that did other strange things in your dream(s) perhaps?

                  > [Your mother's birthday] January 10th.

                  Preceding the dream at issue by a few days only, hence. Anything
                  noteworthy of that day,
                  i.e. Jan 10th, 2003, to report (in particular as far as the (current dream's) subject matter is
                  concerned)?

                  B(l)est,
                  Volk