Re: Make sense?

  • Brandy B. Stark
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8, 1998
      Kathe--Thank you for the insight! I think it is an important dream
      because it is so positive....most of my dreams, to me, seem to be a
      working out of frustration, or are just strange.....this one seemed to be
      upbeat in the sense that teh pig is alive....hence my emphasis to have it
      defined. You have an interesting idea....but you also show it is positive
      and re-enforcing! I am glad of that! Thanks you for your thoughts on
      it...Brandy

      On Sat, 8 Aug 1998 Kasume88@... wrote:

      > From: <Kasume88@...>
      >
      > Brandy -
      >
      > Perhaps what the dream is saying is that one's sensuality - one's aliveness -
      > is not in the hands of some "boss" person...some authority, or some "other".
      > Perhaps there is a fear that your sensuality is being influenced by something
      > outside you, something powerful [boss], something that can have the power to
      > kill or enliven Eros [creativity] - Eros in your life. That the piglet is
      > indeed alive and not needing much sustenance is sort of a statement that a
      > "boss" cannot determine the state of it's life [or that it is dead... for you]
      > nor is it completely dependant on outside [you, for food] forces for "life".
      > Maybe the dream is about your fear that you are losing touch with your
      > sensuality and the message is - not to worry, it's alive, no matter what.
      >
      > Just a thought...
      > Kathe

    • Patricia Kimble
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 9, 1998
        Hey Brandy!
        Wow interesting!
        That was the "aha" so what is your plan to nuture your sensual self?
        I think our dreaming ming gives us messages so we can act on them.

        Womyn

        At 05:10 PM 8/8/98 -0400, you wrote:
        >From: "Brandy B. Stark" <sfcfqyp@...>
        >
        >I looked up "Pig" in another dream dictionary I had (in reference to the
        >dream I had where my boss gave me a dead piglet, but when I asked her if
        >it was dead, it turned out it was alive....it started breathing, became
        >animate, I took it to get water and it drank some, and i fed it, but it
        >only ate some...I was worried b/c I thought it should need to eat and
        >drink more, but delighted it was still alive!)...to it, thepig represented
        >teh physical desires, sensuality. I think that this might mean that the
        >pig dream was about the following:
        >my supervisor is a dowdy woman. She looks dowdy, acts dowdy....I am
        >amazed that she is married! She gave me a dead pig, which stands for
        >sensuality....it's as if she was giving me her own dowdiness, her own
        >dullness. But, when the pig came into my possession it was not, in fact,
        >dead. I heard it breath, it became animate, and I tended to it. The fact
        >that it ate and drank only a little and I was concerned about it would
        >maybe mean that my own sensuality is not dead but is just starting to come
        >back. (Sensuality meaning more than just the sexual, physical....but
        >maybe the way I look at myself. Lately I have felt dull, old, dowdy,
        >too....in looks, in mind, in spirit.....) I am concerned b/c I think it
        >should be MORE alive, but releived and happy that it is not dead at all.
        >What do you think? Are there other interpretations out there? Brandy

      • Brandy B. Stark
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 10, 1998
          Hmm, I'm not sure....maybe another dream will tell me!!! (G) I can only
          hope so! Brandy