Dreams of an elephant and a junk yard!

  • cristinasdestiny1
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2002
      Through the years (obviously more-so during stressful periods of my
      life) I've had the exact same dream, it's the same each and every
      time - I am running through a junk yard being chased by a very scary,
      blue elephant! I always wake up just before he gets me, but it's so
      intense, I wake up exhausted! The amatuer dream interpretor in me
      says that the junkyard signifies the disorder in my life at that
      time,...and the elephant...well..maybe it's my conscience rushing me
      through cleaning up the mess that is my life!

      Any thoughts?

      C.
      (ps: Nice board!)
    • P Ingerson
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19, 2002
        --- On Mon, 18 Mar, "cristinasdestiny1" said...

        | Through the years (obviously more-so during stressful
        | periods of my life) I've had the exact same dream,
        | it's the same each and every time - I am running
        | through a junk yard being chased by a very scary, blue
        | elephant! I always wake up just before he gets me

        Hi Cristina.

        The good news is that a recurring dream like this can be useful if you want
        to have lucid dreams. If you ever find yourself in the junkyard again,
        you'll know it *has* to be a dream, so there's nothing to be scared of. Try
        facing up to the elephant, see what happens when it does catch you.

        (That reminds me, I've had a couple of sort-of-lucid dreams in the past few
        months, but they were so dull I didn't bother to post them here.)

        | The amatuer dream interpretor in me says that the
        | junkyard signifies the disorder in my life at that
        | time,...and the elephant...well..maybe it's my
        | conscience rushing me through cleaning up the
        | mess that is my life!

        That looks good to me. Well, they say an elephant never forgets. That's
        what you'd expect from your conscience too.

        Cheers,

        P Ingerson
        (I'm not a mutant, just a freak of nature!)
        ____