Re: Black and White

  • pollywog@chorus.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2001
      Hi, Mericas --

      Hank gave you some good ideas.

      Also, black and white is a commonly used phrase, but with several
      meanings. Sometimes it is "plain" or "clear" or "not hard to
      understand", like "it was written in black and white". Sometimes it
      means opposites. Also, sometimes good and evil -- like the good
      cowboy with the white hat, and the bad cowboy with the black hat.

      So your dream might be about:

      never ending choices or decisions about whether a particular thing is
      good or bad

      a neverending conflict between good and evil

      ?????

      Polly

      --- In dreams@y..., mericas2000@y... wrote:
      > First off I rarely dream but when I do its good. I wonder if any
      one
      > could tell me what this dream means. In my ddream I am mopping this
      > never ending black and white checker board floor. When I awoke the
      > next morning after mopping all night I truely felt as though I had
      > really done this, I was tired and sore. What does this mean?
      > This dream was so vivied it scared me.
    • JEFFREY MICHAEL KENYON
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2001
        I would think it would be more abstract either it is or it isn't

        On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 pollywog@... wrote:

        > Hi, Mericas --
        >
        > Hank gave you some good ideas.
        >
        > Also, black and white is a commonly used phrase, but with several
        > meanings. Sometimes it is "plain" or "clear" or "not hard to
        > understand", like "it was written in black and white". Sometimes it
        > means opposites. Also, sometimes good and evil -- like the good
        > cowboy with the white hat, and the bad cowboy with the black hat.
        >
        > So your dream might be about:
        >
        > never ending choices or decisions about whether a particular thing is
        > good or bad
        >
        > a neverending conflict between good and evil
        >
        > ?????
        >
        > Polly
        >

        > --- In dreams@y..., mericas2000@y... wrote:
        > > First off I rarely dream but when I do its good. I wonder if any
        > one
        > > could tell me what this dream means. In my ddream I am mopping this
        > > never ending black and white checker board floor. When I awoke the
        > > next morning after mopping all night I truely felt as though I had
        > > really done this, I was tired and sore. What does this mean?
        > > This dream was so vivied it scared me.

      • Justin (a.k.a Aspen)
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 12, 2001
          Maybe you were moving in your sleep while you dreampt.  That happens sometimes.

          I had a similar dream... IRL - my bed was half covered with stuff, so I slepth with my legs folded.. kneeling sideways on the stuff.  In my dream, I had a disability where I couldn't stand up straight.  I walked around with my knees folded that way.  If I tried to stand up straight my legs would hurt.  When I woke up I realized my legs WERE hurting.  Small wonder considering the way I was sleeping.