Re: [dreams] Re: Ritual/Rune dream (precognitive??)

  • Celtic Shiva (Aspen)
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 6 10:06 AM
      --------
      One thing I don't understand -- you woke up, and you were actually
      physically involved in cleaning your room?  As if you were sleep-
      walking?  Or should I say, sleep-cleaning?  If so, that would have a
      lot of other implications and maybe concerns.  Or are you saying that
      when you woke up, you remembered that you are in the middle of
      working on cleaning your room?
      ---------

      Nono.  I am cleaning/unpacking my room.  I did that after I woke up.  I was fully awake at the time.  I just think it was odd that I found my runes-which I have not seen in years-after that dream I had.

      -----------
      The battle/game in the grove with straight lines of tall shrubs --
      the idea I get from this is that the straight lines are "rules" and
      strict ones, hard to overcome -- especially since you are thinking of
      ways to get around them -- rolling under the shrubs.
      ----------

      Hm.. interesting thought.  Thanks for the input pollywog!
    • The ONE & ONLY Brandy B. Stark
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 6 2:48 PM
        Yes, Odin did. That's pretty cool! Divine messages in dreams??? There
        are runic kits if you don't have one...they aren't too expensive...

        Pax et longa vita,
        Lady Brandy, She of All Things Pithy

        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
        immane mittam.

        (Translation: I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an
        enormous rock at your head. Now, who said dead languages were no fun????)

        Fine art, pugs, and ghosts: http://starkimages.homestead.com/Home.html
        SPIRITS ghost hunts: http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html

        On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, Celtic Shiva (Aspen) wrote:

        > Aah. I did not think of that. Norse mythology isn't my specialty, I study celtic. However with the runes, it is quite possible. Didn't Odin invent the futhark runes while hanging upside down from Yggdrasil? I'll have to research my norse myth a little more.. as well as my runes.
        >
        > I dont have much to offer, exept about the possible
        > giant tree you were in.Couldnt that be ygdrassil, the
        > world tree?- the symbol of unity- With its branches
        > thrust into the spiritual realm , and its roots in the
        > world of autochthons.
        >
        > Averagely wise a man must be
        > Never to wise
        > No man should Know his fate beforehand
        > If he wants a carefree spirit
        >
        > Odin

      • The ONE & ONLY Brandy B. Stark
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 6 7:54 PM
          Oops, sorry...kinda catchingf up on e-mail as I can. That is still an
          interesting thing. I once had a dream that I had the human soul of the
          goddess Isis, and that two male acquaintances held the souls of Thoth and
          Horus. (One theory that I read later says that the gods were among the
          first humans, elevated to godhood later. They had human aspects to their
          personalities because of this...In my dream when they were raised to Gods,
          their human souls reincarnated in us!) It was strange because I was
          jealous of my friend for having the soul of Thoth. I liked education, he
          didn't. I didn't see myself as mystical, yet Isis was a mystical goddess.
          What's odd is that I LOVE greek and Roman myth, but I really have had no
          dreams about it, but I have had several tie in to EGYPTIAN mythology. A
          second dream was that my mother wanted to have a son created from the
          molecules of the dead pharoahs, and animated with Egyptian Dark Magic.
          THAT was strange! Odd how that happens....