Nightmare

  • pfeffera@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2001
      I hope I'm not breaking a rule here: I searched through your
      archives and found only a couple dreams that could be called
      nightmares. Do you not talk about them?

      I can usually remember my dreams quite vividly but this one fades in
      and out: perhaps I was too frightened when I woke up to remember it
      clearly. I was going somewhere with two other people (why do we
      always travel in odd numbers in dreams? I rarely travel with one
      other person... or at least, it seems that way. ANYway.) and we had
      to stay overnight at an unfamiliar house. The owner was gracious
      enough but a little surprised. He set up beds for us and somehow I
      knew there were ghosts in the place. The owner said something
      about "St. Catherine standing at the foot of the bed right now..."
      but when I looked I couldn't see anything.

      I was getting weirded out and it wasn't even bed time yet!

      Some other things occurred, I'm sorry I can't recall them. Perhaps I
      was asleep in the dream as well because the next thing I remember was
      a tremendous THUD! or slam. Some great noise and we all sat up and
      looked around, scared.

      I knew something was wrong but didn't do anything. The next part of
      the dream that I recall is one of my companions has come to me with
      something in his/her hands. I immediately slap my hands over my eyes
      and yell "Don't show me!" "But--" "I know it's something of Josh's,
      don't show me!" "It's part of him..." "It's his ears, isn't
      it!?" "Yes, it is." And I didn't have to look but I knew this person
      held two ears in his or her hands. I felt a little ill.

      I woke up then and I couldn't move. I didn't want to move but even if
      I'd wanted to, I couldn't. Frozen.

      I think that creeps me out more than anything. It took me a long time
      to fall back asleep. I used to have nightmares all the time. Not so
      much now.

      Any thoughts?

      Amy
    • Bri'ana
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2001
        Hi Amy and Everyone,

        Time to break my silence a little bit I guess. Been going on my own
        learning adventures lately, but I must be dense. It's like the lessons
        have fallen upon deaf ears......I just haven't gotten it. Oh well.....On
        to Amy's dream / nightmare.

        Amy, Nightmares have things to teach us just like other dreams do. Thing
        is that in a nightmare what it is trying to teach us we really really
        really don't want to learn, understand, believe ect..... Thus it becomes
        a nightmare. Kinda like when you were a kid and your mom was trying to
        get you to take medicine that tasted very bad. Or you just didn't want.
        When this happened to me it was very much like a nightmare. I fought and
        fought and cried and screamed and tried to run away. But in the end the
        medicine helped me feel better.

        In your dream you were travelling with 2 other people. This happens
        often, because the 2 other people represents your higher conscious and
        your sub conscious, while you represent your normal consciousness. Our
        higher and sub consciousnesses are some of our greatest teachers. Even
        if they are trying to teach us something we do not want to learn they
        know that we must learn it for our own good.

        >and we had to stay overnight at an unfamiliar house

        Houses, to me, represent our state of minds. If it was a house that in
        your dream belonged to you, then it would represent your normal daily
        waking consciousness. Yet this house is unfamiliar to you so this would
        represent a state of consciousness that you are not familiar with. This
        might include a different way of thinking, percieving, or doing things
        or new ideas.

        >The owner said something
        > about "St. Catherine standing at the foot of the bed right now..."
        > but when I looked I couldn't see anything.

        I do not know who Saint Catherine is ( Patron Saint of Children? I don't
        know for sure).....so you will have to look that one up yourself.
        Remembering spoken words in dreams is very important. This happens
        because what is said needs to be remembered for some reason. So St.
        Catherine being at the foot of your bed could be telling you that while
        you were dreaming St.Catherine was looking after you or that the dream
        was created because St. Catherine wanted you to understand something or
        to learn something.....Like the dream had the blessings of St.
        Catherine.

        >the next thing I remember was
        > a tremendous THUD! or slam. Some great noise and we all sat up and
        > looked around, scared.

        Just a way to get your attention in the dream so you will remember what
        happens. And I guess it worked too.

        > I knew something was wrong but didn't do anything. The next part of
        > the dream that I recall is one of my companions has come to me with
        > something in his/her hands. I immediately slap my hands over my eyes
        > and yell "Don't show me!" "But--" "I know it's something of Josh's,
        > don't show me!" "It's part of him..." "It's his ears, isn't
        > it!?" "Yes, it is." And I didn't have to look but I knew this person
        > held two ears in his or her hands. I felt a little ill.

        Remember above when I spoke of me fighting not to take my medicine when
        I was a child? .......Well this is what's happening here. You are
        refusing to "see"......even though you know what is being shown to you
        .....you refuse to "see".....you cover your eyes and blind yourself to
        what is before you. This could mean that in Reality you know or have
        suspicions that something is happening. What ever this something is you
        are making yourself blind to it possibly by rationalizing it or ignoring
        it, because you either don't want to admit it, accept it, face it, or
        take the needed action. The thing with the ears......They are not your
        ears, they belong to Josh. I don't know who Josh is to you, hubby, son,
        brother, co-worker, or friend. His ears are being presented / shown to
        you. This could mean that you need to talk to Josh....like you have his
        ears.....he will listen to what you say, ect.... It could also mean that
        there is something you need to hear from Josh.

        > I woke up then and I couldn't move. I didn't want to move but even if
        > I'd wanted to, I couldn't. Frozen.

        This happened in part so you would have time to remember this dream as
        much as you did. The parts you didn't remember would probably explain
        the reason of your suspicions and since it is something you do not want
        to see ...... therefore you did not remember that part of it.

        Well Amy these are just my thoughts. I hope they help.
        :)'s
        Bri'ana