Re: Looking back on my notes after I woke up...

  • amy
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 7, 2001
      Man, if this was my dream I would have bought that explanation...I
      hope I remember more dreams so I can have YOU interpret them, Ashley!!
      Amy
    • mommyashley@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 8, 2001
        --- In dreams@y..., "amy" <ovenfried@h...> wrote:

        > Man, if this was my dream I would have bought that explanation...I
        > hope I remember more dreams so I can have YOU interpret them,
        Ashley!!
        > Amy

        Amy,
        If you're serious, I'm very flattered and I thank you for that
        compliment! I'm aware of how you feel about interpreting other
        people's dreams, and I respect your position on that issue. I love
        the puzzle involved in a dream, and I have a passion for the
        interpretation. I am a devout follower of Carl Jung as I feel his
        theories make more sense. Freud just got on my nerves with his
        blanket explanations of everything being sexual or related to
        our "incest wish". And if anyone reading this is a Freud follower,
        please do not be offended. This is just my OWN opinion, and we all
        know about opinions. It's just like anything else that one has an
        opinion on. You may love Kielbasa (or however you spell it), but I
        hate it. That doesn't mean you're wrong in loving it, nor does it
        mean I'm right in hating it. It's just our individual opinions. But
        I got FAR away from my point. Jung believed in the collective
        unconscious, and after my experience with my own dreams and helping
        friends and family with theirs, I have come to believe in it also.
        Therefore, I believe that there is a certain amount of interpretation
        that is universal and can be seen whether you know someone or not,
        but the individual details and meaning are particular to the dreamer
        and CANNOT be seen by anyone else. You'll notice my position on that
        by the amount of questions I put into my interpretation. You'll also
        notice that I asked about her reaction to the interpretation because
        if she does not get an "Ah-hah" feeling, then I was WAY off base!

        Wow! This early in the morning and I had that much to say! Sorry.
        I didn't mean to bore you.

        Ashley
      • amy
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 8, 2001
          I, too, feel it's important to ask question when interpreting
          dreams...often just a simple one will trigger a memory that helps the
          dreamer make sense of it all...

          You know, I have just read a little of Jung...I just can't get
          through dream psychology books like that...I just sort of 'do' it. I
          think that using a little of 'this' with a little of 'that' mixed
          with some of the 'other thing' usually helps create an overall view
          of the theme of the dream.

          Yeah, it's too early ... I have to go to work now, (boo!).

          Amy