Re: Looking back on my notes after I woke up...

  • mommyashley@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 7 12:34 PM
      --- In dreams@y..., nikki_hilderbrand@h... wrote:
      > I was looking back at my notes about my dream and was leaving out
      > someone in my dream. When I was at the club, my center was on this
      > girl wearing white (everyone there was wearing white, but me!).
      She
      > had a white shirt on that had sheer sleeves and they were flowing
      in
      > the breeze because she was making a quick spinning motion. I hate
      > feet and that's the reason I was laughing at the feet thing in my
      > dream.
      >
      > Sorry about missing this info.
      >
      > Nikki

      Nikki,

      I'll take a stab at this for you. May help motivate you to start
      paying more attention to yourself. You are trying to tell yourself
      something here, and it seems important. As you first begin the
      process of analyzing, it helps to have some input. Here's what I see:

      All of the people in your dream are aspects of your psyche, both the
      people that you know as well as the ones you do not know. Your
      friend and your fiance in your dream represent aspects of yourself
      that you see (subconsciously) reflected in them in waking life. "You"
      in your dreams is your "ego self", the way you perceive yourself in
      waking life as well as the way YOU consciously think you are. This is
      not necessarily the same way that your subconscious sees you. Nor is
      it the way you have the potential to be. With this in mind, see if
      what I have to say makes any sense to you.

      I see you sitting and watching throughout your dream, not actually
      participating. (What are you watching in life and not participating
      in?) You are "centered" on the girl wearing the white shirt. White
      signifies pure innocence, peace, happiness, joy, seen further
      reflected in her sheer sleeves flowing in the breeze. (Do you know
      this girl or not?) Notice that you are the only one not wearing
      white. Why are you not wearing white? The lil kid has his shoes
      off. Children can symbolize vulnerability and innocence. Shoes are
      a foundation of sorts. What is up with your vulnerability or
      innocence, and what has happened to your foundation? Feet are
      symbolic of direction. I notice that his feet are not going
      anywhere. He seems to be sort of nudging you. Has your direction in
      your life changed in any way, or have you lost sight of it? Why are
      you being nudged by this little fellow? You have also attended a
      speech. Is this a lecture? Maybe some teaching going on? Could be
      some opportunities opening up that you're not paying attention to.
      The phone call that your friend makes is a way of communicating,
      maybe a call to your own intuition.

      I would be interested to know if this helped in any way. You do not
      necessarily need to spill details, but I see a lot of opportunity
      here. I would also be curious to know what YOUR emotions were in the
      dream. That's very important to interpretation.

      Good Luck,
      Ashley
    • amy
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 7 6:45 PM
        Man, if this was my dream I would have bought that explanation...I
        hope I remember more dreams so I can have YOU interpret them, Ashley!!
        Amy
      • mommyashley@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 8 6:28 AM
          --- In dreams@y..., "amy" <ovenfried@h...> wrote:

          > Man, if this was my dream I would have bought that explanation...I
          > hope I remember more dreams so I can have YOU interpret them,
          Ashley!!
          > Amy

          Amy,
          If you're serious, I'm very flattered and I thank you for that
          compliment! I'm aware of how you feel about interpreting other
          people's dreams, and I respect your position on that issue. I love
          the puzzle involved in a dream, and I have a passion for the
          interpretation. I am a devout follower of Carl Jung as I feel his
          theories make more sense. Freud just got on my nerves with his
          blanket explanations of everything being sexual or related to
          our "incest wish". And if anyone reading this is a Freud follower,
          please do not be offended. This is just my OWN opinion, and we all
          know about opinions. It's just like anything else that one has an
          opinion on. You may love Kielbasa (or however you spell it), but I
          hate it. That doesn't mean you're wrong in loving it, nor does it
          mean I'm right in hating it. It's just our individual opinions. But
          I got FAR away from my point. Jung believed in the collective
          unconscious, and after my experience with my own dreams and helping
          friends and family with theirs, I have come to believe in it also.
          Therefore, I believe that there is a certain amount of interpretation
          that is universal and can be seen whether you know someone or not,
          but the individual details and meaning are particular to the dreamer
          and CANNOT be seen by anyone else. You'll notice my position on that
          by the amount of questions I put into my interpretation. You'll also
          notice that I asked about her reaction to the interpretation because
          if she does not get an "Ah-hah" feeling, then I was WAY off base!

          Wow! This early in the morning and I had that much to say! Sorry.
          I didn't mean to bore you.

          Ashley
        • amy
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 8 6:41 AM
            I, too, feel it's important to ask question when interpreting
            dreams...often just a simple one will trigger a memory that helps the
            dreamer make sense of it all...

            You know, I have just read a little of Jung...I just can't get
            through dream psychology books like that...I just sort of 'do' it. I
            think that using a little of 'this' with a little of 'that' mixed
            with some of the 'other thing' usually helps create an overall view
            of the theme of the dream.

            Yeah, it's too early ... I have to go to work now, (boo!).

            Amy