interpreting dreams

  • amy
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
      Hey all...I just wanted to tell you (as I did on the other dream
      newsgroup I'm a member of) that I make a conscious choice to not
      interpret others' dreams UNLESS they are a close friend...so I'm not
      ignoring your dreams or avoiding replying to them....it's just my
      policy to not interpret them for others.
      Hope you're not mad...
      amy

      BTW, Jeffrey, good luck on your job interview!!!
    • Lori C. Phillips
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
        No problem...but I'm curious...

        Why do you feel this way?

        chi

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
          --- In dreams@y..., "Lori C. Phillips" <lcp1@h...> wrote:
          > No problem...but I'm curious...
          >
          > Why do you feel this way?
          >
          > chi

          Well, it's sort of like the dream dictionary thing. I just don't
          feel like my interpretation of someone else's experiences are
          valid...I wasn't there, I don't know the life circumstances that
          influence their dreams, and I feel like putting 'my' interpretation
          on one's experience sort of clouds the true meaning, even to the
          point of influencing them to STOP searching for their own answers. I
          suppose there are some obvious universal symbols that <can> have
          similar meanings from culture to culture, however I just find it
          difficult to 'relate' to the dream, (unless of course I've had one so
          similar that my insights CAN be useful).
          So I guess my purpose here is to share my dreams as well as read
          others, just like we all are. However I don't expect anyone
          to 'interpret' mine (unless they'd like a stab at it!)...it's just
          neat to see how others dream and what they dream about. It's like
          reading short surreal stories, I guess.

          amy
        • Roy Tapping
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001

            Hey all...I just wanted to tell you (as I did on the other dream
            newsgroup I'm a member of) that I make a conscious choice to not
            interpret others' dreams UNLESS they are a close friend...so I'm not
            ignoring your dreams or avoiding replying to them....it's just my
            policy to not interpret them for others.
            Hope you're not mad...
            amy

            Why not, darling?

            xxx
          • Justin White
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 3, 2001
              You know, I'm kind of glad I 'came back' right at this point.  What you just describe pretty much describes how I feel too.  I have been told by some of the people I gave an interpretation for that I have been close, but like you said, I don't want people to stop searching for their own answers (although I have to say that the people on this list are usually pretty good ;) besides, there are only a couple people on here that I can just 'click' a meaning into, I guess because somehow our experiences are a little bit similar, and she sometimes clicks when I post something and her responce usually makes the most amount of sence to me  -right Brandy?- <grin>)

              And again, like you said, I don't feel bad if no one posts an interpretation to my dream.  I've seen people on here feel very annoyed if they don't get a reply.  I always try to post if something comes to mind, but sometimes I just can't think of anything.

              Nevertheless, even though sometimes only about 2 out of the five dreams I post get any replies, I post them anyway because I feel my dreams are very vivid and full of colour, and I try my best to impart all the information  Ican find into them and hopefully spark creativity if nothing else.

              Cheers,

              <part of the original message is as follows>
              ------------------
              on one's experience sort of clouds the true meaning, even to the
              point of influencing them to STOP searching for their own answers.  I
              suppose there are some obvious universal symbols that <can> have
              similar meanings from culture to culture, however I just find it
              difficult to 'relate' to the dream, (unless of course I've had one so
              similar that my insights CAN be useful).
              So I guess my purpose here is to share my dreams as well as read
              others, just like we all are.  However I don't expect anyone
              to 'interpret' mine (unless they'd like a stab at it!)...it's just
              neat to see how others dream and what they dream about.  It's like
              reading short surreal stories, I guess.
            • amy
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 3, 2001
                Thanks for your thoughts!!! Nice to know someone else is on the same
                wavelength as I am...
                As for the dream you posted, I'll have to get to that later....looks
                interesting tho'.

                amy
              • Justin White