My Crazy Dream

  • Jackson K. Windham
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18, 1998
      I used to have a dream when I was younger, and I had
      the same dream many times. Here's how it went:

      Me and my family were at home when a man broke
      into our home. We struggled with the man and I knew
      I had to get him out of the house so he wouldn't hurt
      my family (bear in mind I was a young teenager in my
      dream). I hit him and took off running out the door
      hoping he'd chase me, which he did. I'm running
      around the house trying to get away from him and
      his knife. He was swinging the knife as he ran, trying
      to cut me. I could run fast enough that the knife
      would only nick me, but I couldn't run fast enough
      to get away from him completely and he couldn't
      run fast enough to catch me or cut me deeply. After a
      few minutes of his chasing me, I'd wake up, my heart
      beating 100 miles an hour, and it'd take me awhile to
      I was young. I've always wondered what it meant.
      A few things to know about me. 1. I had an extremely
      happy childhood. 2. I had very loving and caring
      parents. 3. No craziness in my family. 4. Very well
      educated. 5. Very caring person.

      So, any ideas???

      Jax

      Jackson K. Windham
      Jax@...
    • CHBM2
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 19, 1998
        Jax
        Your dream was interesting. I am not a liscenced therapist or dream
        analizer, so please take my interpretation in the casual,non authority spirit
        it is given. that said......

        When someone dreams about being cut with a knife, it usually has something to
        do with emotions.....curbing them, keeping them inside. The bleeding releases
        them in the dream, letting you vent. Based on the background you mentioned,
        you probably kept things inside private -- doing the "right things" in the
        eyes of your parents/teachers/friends..... You controlled/suppressed all
        those rebellious notions......and so they manifested in your dream state.
        The bleeding was a purging process. The fact that a stranger was chasing you
        through your own house, was probably your own animus....your male psyche....
        You didn't recognize him as he was having difficulty forming. He chased you,
        trying to get your attention, estabish yourself in your house (your body), but
        when he came and tried to cut you......you ran out of the house. You, at that
        time, weren't ready for the responsibilites of adulthood. You didn't seem to
        want to let go of your childhood, yet you didn't want to hurt/offend your
        parents....so you tried to distract your hidden animus from reaching them.
        Did you use to hold things in? did you fear hurting them if they knew your
        "real self"? These are things you need to think about, when you look at this
        dream. I would imagine that once you established yourself as an independent
        thinker/person in your mind and theirs, the dreams started to fade.

        I hope this helped, or made you smile.
        cheri