Re: Test

  • BMiMuse@xxx.xxxx
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 27, 1998

      << I haven't received any mail from this particular list. Is this active?Is
      anyone really utilizing it?

      yes, we are still around with 60+ subscribers, we're just quite at the moment.
      Please feel free to contribute....:-)

      bmimuse@...
      list hostess~dreams
    • Brandy B. Stark
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 27, 1998
        The only thing I can think of is to expand the list to includ things like,
        how to remember dreams and other tidbits. Maybe make entries (daily) on
        what symbols in dreams are supposed to stand for (like, take a dream
        dictinary, propery annotated and given due credit) and starting with teh
        "A"s post one definition a day.....and have a discussion on agreements or
        disagreements. OF course, I am not sure who has time to do this....but,
        it's just an idea. (G) Brandy
      • Patricia Kimble
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 28, 1998
          Hi
          Brandy, I like your idea of dream symbols. One thing we might do is if
          people have noticed a certain person, place or thing has come to have
          certain symbolic meaning for them, to put that out there and see if other
          people have made similar or very different symbolic connnections. For
          example about three months ago I was having several dreams that contained
          shoes. I came to realize that shoes as a symbol for me means comfort or
          discomfort in a situation. Also a man that was in a dream class that I was
          teaching, suggested that in one context I had mentioned it seemed like a
          "shoe in" or a sure thing for me. So that was a play on words but also
          around the theme of comfort.
          Anyone care to share some of their dream symbols that are special to them?

          Thanks,
          PatriciaAt 11:37 PM 6/27/98 -0400, you wrote:
          >From: "Brandy B. Stark" <sfcfqyp@...>
          >
          >The only thing I can think of is to expand the list to includ things like,
          >how to remember dreams and other tidbits. Maybe make entries (daily) on
          >what symbols in dreams are supposed to stand for (like, take a dream
          >dictinary, propery annotated and given due credit) and starting with teh
          >"A"s post one definition a day.....and have a discussion on agreements or
          >disagreements. OF course, I am not sure who has time to do this....but,
          >it's just an idea. (G) Brandy

        • Brandy B. Stark
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 28, 1998
            Well, mine are still fish....teeth (power)....losing teeth (lack of
            power). I have also had these horrid dreams where I am so upset by a
            situation that I am sobbing to the point of pain....but no one cares.
            Another power issue. I am curious about the money dreams, though. Money
            means power? Hmm. Only to the poor college student, like myself, I
            suppose! (G). Brandy
          • anon
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 30, 1998
              Brandy B. Stark wrote:

              > From: "Brandy B. Stark" <sfcfqyp@...>
              >
              > The only thing I can think of is to expand the list to includ things like,
              > how to remember dreams and other tidbits. Maybe make entries (daily) on
              > what symbols in dreams are supposed to stand for (like, take a dream
              > dictinary, propery annotated and given due credit) and starting with teh
              > "A"s post one definition a day.....and have a discussion on agreements or
              > disagreements. OF course, I am not sure who has time to do this....but,
              > it's just an idea. (G) Brandy

              Hi Brandy,
              I think this is a good idea. Do you happen to have a good dream
              dictionary? If not I do, but some of the symbols are not universal.
              I think a dream interpreter would be helpful as well. Alot of people are
              printing their dreams with hopes for insight as to what they might mean.
              Any profesionals out there?
              Gypsyblue>
            • Patricia Kimble
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 30, 1998
                Hi gypsyblue and all

                I would interested in hearing what dictionary you like.

                I Have one or two that I like but I think it is important to look to
                yourself first and then consult.
                I teach a dream class at the community college level but in no way do I
                consider myself a professional. I do believe, however, that we teach what we
                most need to learn.

                Make yourself a magical week,
                Womyn (Patricia)At 10:12 PM 6/30/98 -0400, you wrote:
                >From: anon <laurecy@...>
                >
                >Brandy B. Stark wrote:
                >>
                >> From: "Brandy B. Stark" <sfcfqyp@...>
                >>
                >> The only thing I can think of is to expand the list to includ things like,
                >> how to remember dreams and other tidbits. Maybe make entries (daily) on
                >> what symbols in dreams are supposed to stand for (like, take a dream
                >> dictinary, propery annotated and given due credit) and starting with teh
                >> "A"s post one definition a day.....and have a discussion on agreements or
                >> disagreements. OF course, I am not sure who has time to do this....but,
                >> it's just an idea. (G) Brandy
                >>
                >Hi Brandy,
                >I think this is a good idea. Do you happen to have a good dream
                >dictionary? If not I do, but some of the symbols are not universal.
                >I think a dream interpreter would be helpful as well. Alot of people are
                >printing their dreams with hopes for insight as to what they might mean.
                >Any profesionals out there?
                >Gypsyblue>

              • Brandy B. Stark
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 1, 1998
                  I do have a few to chose from. I think it could be interesting, don't
                  you? If this is what the group decides....I don't know if I can take on
                  tthe entire responsibility, but....maybe help with it! Brandy

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 27, 2002
                    This is a tenative test. I think freenet is up again, so I'm checking
                    this out. List owners, I've unbounced from Yahoo.

                    There have been some updates to the SPIRITS site: the John's Pass
                    investigation is up and running. Technically, this is a null
                    investigation. Everything that could go wrong did. New poll up. Two new
                    investigations, including one with a camera crew from a local TV station!

                    Hope things are fixed and look forward to resuming my "normal" life on
                    line! Sorry for the interruptions, etc.

                    Paxque Vale--
                    Brandy, Regina Maxima

                    Exegi monumentum aere perennius...Non omnis morirar, multaque pars mei
                    vitabit Libitinam. (I have produced a monument more lasting than
                    bronze...I shall not entirely die, a large part of me will avoid Libitina
                    [the goddess of funerals]). --Horace in reference to his writings.

                    Pugs and ghosts and art, O my! http://starkimages.homestead.com/Home.html
                    SPIRITS team ghost hunts: http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html