randomness in dreams

  • Polly Wog
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
      I also do not think much in dreams is random. I have noticed puns in my
      dreams, as if I am playing jokes on myself -- like funny symbolism.
      Sometimes I think my dreams substitute a different person or situation for
      the one I am worried about, because it is easier to think about that way.
    • songbirdzz@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
        In a message dated 10/01/2000 3:35:39 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
        pollywog@... writes:

        << I also do not think much in dreams is random. I have noticed puns in my
        dreams, as if I am playing jokes on myself -- like funny symbolism.
        Sometimes I think my dreams substitute a different person or situation for
        the one I am worried about, because it is easier to think about that way. >>

        Exactly Pollywog! Well said! This is one of the reasons there is a "censor"
        in our dreams. It protects us.