introduction and question about ethics

  • JEFFREY MICHAEL KENYON
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 2000
      Good morning to all on the list. I am a new member of this list and I
      just subscribed to it about an hour ago. My name is Jeff and I am a
      college senior at Ferris State University and I am majoring in technical
      and professional communications in Big Rapids, Michigan. I have been
      interested in dreams since I was a child and just last night I had a dream
      that is concerning ethical behavior when using equipment that is severely
      restricted in terms of access.
      Part of my work involves working with two-way radio equipment used
      by police and fire and EMS officials, and in this dream last night I was
      in the water by myself and was in trouble. The only thing that I had was
      a portable radio that is being used by the Wayne County Sheriff's
      Department. In the dream I used it and when I finally got to land I ended
      up getting in to a lot of trouble not only with the people who manage the
      system but also with some family members that resulted in a large
      argument, and my also going to jail. However, when the police were called
      to my house the officers sat around and relaxed before taking me to jail
      and allowed me to pack a few personal belongings. I was just wondering
      what everyone on the group thought of this dream and what you all would
      have done in similar situations? Any input would be appreciated, and
      thanks in advance.
    • The ONE & ONLY Brandy B. Stark
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18, 2000
        It shows some anziety, perhaps, about use of equipment. If you study the
        ethicality behind certainequipment, I assume some of the study is about
        the rights of people vs. the usefulness of technology? Unfortunantly,
        technology can be considered intrusive if individual's rights are
        violated. In this dream, you needed help, used technology to get help,
        but it got you in trouble. Th epolice, it seems, understood your
        position, and though you were punished, they still gave you several
        dignities and allowed you to take some of your own t hngs with you. Maybe
        that is your own stand on what you study personified by the dream?

        Pax vita longaque --
        Brandy, Mistress of All She Surveys
        ++++++++++++
        Pugs and ghosts and statues, OH MY!

        http://starkimages.homestead.com/Home.html

        Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the Web....

        On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, JEFFREY MICHAEL KENYON wrote:

        > Good morning to all on the list. I am a new member of this list and I
        > just subscribed to it about an hour ago. My name is Jeff and I am a
        > college senior at Ferris State University and I am majoring in technical
        > and professional communications in Big Rapids, Michigan. I have been
        > interested in dreams since I was a child and just last night I had a dream
        > that is concerning ethical behavior when using equipment that is severely
        > restricted in terms of access.
        > Part of my work involves working with two-way radio equipment used
        > by police and fire and EMS officials, and in this dream last night I was
        > in the water by myself and was in trouble. The only thing that I had was
        > a portable radio that is being used by the Wayne County Sheriff's
        > Department. In the dream I used it and when I finally got to land I ended
        > up getting in to a lot of trouble not only with the people who manage the
        > system but also with some family members that resulted in a large
        > argument, and my also going to jail. However, when the police were called
        > to my house the officers sat around and relaxed before taking me to jail
        > and allowed me to pack a few personal belongings. I was just wondering
        > what everyone on the group thought of this dream and what you all would
        > have done in similar situations? Any input would be appreciated, and
        > thanks in advance.

        > To email plain text is conventional, to add graphics is divine.
        > We'll show you how at www.supersig.com.

      • JEFFREY MICHAEL KENYON
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 18, 2000
          Well, I know that later on then they came to the house I thought ahat the
          police officers who are good friends of mine were kind of on my
          side. It's interesting that this came up because today I was with a
          Motorola governmental rep and we were talking about the dream. He was
          surprised and then he said that if he was in that kind of situation he
          would have done the same thing. At least the people who were coming to
          arrest me were on my side and risked their jobs in letting me bring my
          laptop computer to jail with me. Around here in the local jails they are
          really strict about what youucan and cannot bring into jail.