Please sign a special Mothers’ Day card for Trayvon Martin’s mom

  • nathaniel x vance
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11 6:13 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 15 KB
    Dear Group,

    This Sunday, Sybrina Fulton will wake up to her first Mother's Day without her son, Trayvon Martin.

    And as devastating as the past few months have been, this day will be especially hard. No mom should have to bear that burden on Mother’s Day.

    I nearly lost my own daughter, Emily, when she was shot at the Virginia Tech Massacre five years ago. And I’ve met far too many mothers like Sybrina whose children never made it home. Every day, 34 sons and daughters are lost to senseless acts of gun violence.

    We may not be able to bring their children back, but we can support them. That’s why I’m helping gather signatures for a special Mothers’ Day card for Trayvon’s mom, and every mother mourning a child killed by gun violence this year.

    Please sign a special Mothers’ Day card for Trayvon Martin’s mom -- and we’ll deliver it to her on Sunday with your name.
    <http://www.fixgunchecks.org/mothers-day>
    By adding your name next to mothers like me, and people from all across America, we can show Sybrina Fulton that we’re here for her and for all mourning mothers -- that we care deeply and share in their loss.

    Together, we’ll send a heartfelt message that we’ll continue doing everything in our power to spare other mothers and families the pain and sorrow they've had to endure.

    As fellow mothers, as fathers, as sisters and brothers, we are all too aware of the terrible toll that gun violence takes on our families. And this Mothers’ Day, we can join together in a powerful show of solidarity.

    Add your name to our special Mother’s Day card.
    <http://www.fixgunchecks.org/mothers-day>