Re: [dreams] Question

  • XNight9@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2000
      In a message dated 4/29/00 9:12:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      newsomefa@... writes:

      > HI My name is Jane and I do have one onsight into dreams from a
      > psychological point of view. Studies have proven that NOT dreaming will
      > drive
      > a person literally insane. Studies were done where people were not woken
      up,

      > but their REm sleep was interrupted and after about 2 weeks of not
      dreamong
      > they had psychotic breakdowns. I know this probably isn't exactly what you
      > were asking, but I do know that much. Hope this helps Jane
      > Newsomefa@...

      Actually thats exactly what I was looking for. I have been feeling a little
      on edge and depressed even. I work with some older women, and they tell me
      their dreams. I sometimes wonder why I don't have dreams. Alissia pointed
      out to me that I may not remember them, and I find that to be true also cause
      I'll be in the middle of something normal during the day, and I'll just
      suddenly get a flash. Then is when I realize that I had a dream, and its
      like opening a door. from then on remember what I dreamed. But I haven't
      had, or remembered having anything like that or a dream in the past couple
      of months. I would like to get indepth about it, but I don't know where to
      start. I'm not a raving ranter....YET!!! LOL But if what you say is
      true, then I would like to see what control I have over this, and if there is
      a way to induce a dream or something, by relaxing or what not.
      I feel kinda left out when my coworkers tell me there dreams, and I have
      nothing to say. I don't even have nightmares, not that I want them, but to
      just know that my dream state so to speak is working properly would give me
      some peace. Here, let me tell you my normal daily style, and maybe someon
      can tell me why I am not dreaming, or why I'm not remembering them. My day
      starts at 430am. Shower, and all that, then off to work. I work at SONY
      production plant. we make tv glass. I am whats known as the "Floater"
      There are about nine people that I must organize everyday keep track off, and
      situate for a 12 hour shift. We work a 2-2-3 shift. (2 days on the job, 2
      days off the job, and 3 days on, then starts all over again. Every 4 months
      we switch from days to night. 6am to 6pm of opposite. I do the most work
      out of my crew. Its a little stressful, but my co-workers for the most part
      are a great fun loving group. Our bosses are the pits, but hay!!!! We
      usually stand all day, and we inspect the glass that goes in your tv for
      defects. After a 12 hour shift, we go home, sleep, and its up at 4am to do
      it all over again.
      Is it possible that the way my work is set up could be effecting my
      dream state. Some people say the dreams are a way of expressing your own
      self to you. Does this mean that I'm not getting along with myself, and one
      of us is sleep on the couch...lol! Anyway thats about it for now, I'll let
      you guys tear this apart and put it back together for me. Hope to hear from
      you all soon!

      Thanks X-night