Friend's dream/my name

  • The ONE & ONLY Brandy B. Stark
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 8:32 AM
      I did my lectures for USF Tampa earlier this week -- one lecture as a
      metal and found objects sculptress per two beginning humanities classes.
      Anyway, I went to lunch with the Professor who was a TA when I met her and
      is now an adjunct prof., and my friend! IT as interesting because over
      lunch we had a discussion about a dream she had.

      It seems that she dreams a lot about her friends, but they are in
      situations so true to life that sometimes she has troubles distinguishing
      the dream from what has happened in real life. I was kinda worried --
      dreams about me? Who knows what kind of dark role I'd take....she assured
      me it was nothing like that - she has had dreams about some of her friends
      trying to steal her boyfriend or other such things - but mine was a good
      dream.

      It went like this: I, as an artist/writer, had gone incorporated. She
      had come by to visit me. I had my own work space, evidentially, but I'm
      not sure where, other than the fact that it was away from the house.
      (Yay, I do get outta here, then!) Anyway, she walked to the front of my
      office and there, on the wall above the front door (outside) were metal
      letters of the name of my business: Stark Images. [Which is PERFECT for
      me, as Brandy Stark is my real name, and since I have been considering
      incorporating myself!] I had made the letters out of wire (a project I am
      contemplating just in case any of this does come true!). Inside the
      center of the main room where I worked was a huge anvil, which I stood
      next to to do my wire sculpture.

      And I think that is it.

      However, since I think dreams are very important and she has the type of
      mind open to new experiences, altered states of reality (no drugs, etc,
      but doing drum ceremonies and sweat lodges, etc....) she may have been
      onto something.

      I love the name, too. It is PERFECT. It struck me when she first said
      it, and it's struck others when they've heard it too....stark, of course,
      has a secondary meaning -- strong is the definition I'd like to hear....or
      striking (also barren and harsh, but I don't think that applies here). And
      a play with my name!

      What do you all think????

      Pax vita longaque --
      Brandy, Mistress of All She Surveys