Re: symbols

  • LeeAnne Barnhart
    Message 1 of 11 , May 8 12:10 AM
      I really like that you shared these things!! I will share a really weird dream
      about teeth. The interpretation works too! (One of these days I will share one
      of my really vivid, horrible ones and perhaps you can find some "hidden
      meanings"
      in them too.....would be great.

      Anyway, I have had a dream several times where my teeth are simply falling out
      into tons of pieces all over the floor. Its like I have a strange feeling in my
      mouth, I put my tongue against my teeth and they all start to crumble. Not
      really pain, just strange sensation - and scary! Certainly fits with the
      anxiety
      part. "Full of anxieties about the future" - yup, we were going through a big
      move and literally had about two years of tough times with a bad house that had
      contaminated well and gave me, my husband and all my kids a bacteria, then a
      lawsuit over skipping out on the deal to buy the house, then another move a year
      later......had this dream several times throughout this period.....and not
      since! (Things are nicely settled for us now!) Really appreciate your input.
      Hey, what is the name of the book? You may have told earlier, but I just
      changed
      email providers and lost all my previously saved emails.....I just may go and
      get
      that book!

      Thanx,
      LeeAnne

      Brandy B. Stark wrote:

      > From: "Brandy B. Stark" <sfcfqyp@...>
      >
      > I finally got the book out and I thought I would post a few things about
      > some of the things we have been dreaming of.
      >
      > A cyclone is a warning not to take any risks for at least six months. If
      > you see property damaged by a cyclone, then at least your social life will
      > be happyfor a while.
      >
      > Monster: Not a good sign. You are making life difficult for others by
      > being depressed and pessimistic. If a monster attacks or chases you it
      > suggest you have beenbitterly disapointed lately. you'll get over it.
      >
      > fish/fishing: Dream of fish swimming in a clear pond and you will get
      > money and power. If the fish are biting, a useful but of knowledge is
      > coming your way. eating or cooking fish means any current projects will
      > turn out well. Bait a fish hook and a sizzling sexy love affair is
      > predicted. dead or rotting fish mean a bumper pay raise (????)
      >
      > there won't be an bady luck in your life if there is a caged bear in your
      > dream. Future success is assured. A dancing bear means have a little
      > flutter. Gambling could be lucky for you. Fighting off or killing a bear
      > suggests you will beat your enemies. Bur if he attacks you then look out.
      > Someoen looks set to persecute you.
      >
      > Twins: double troubnle will be followed by twice teh pelasure.
      >
      > teeth: not a good omen. toothaceh suggests you are not happy about a
      > certan situation. Lose a tooth andy you ar afraid of losing a loved one.
      > Lose all of them and you are full of anxieties about the future. Having a
      > fulling predicts pleasure. An estractin shows you are suffering at
      > present. Flase teeth forcase unhappiness in love and a major crisis on
      > the way. Bad or broken teeth show taht a realtinship that is important to
      > you is breaking down.
      >
      > I am sorry it's so messy! I am about out of time! But, I wanted to get
      > tehse off to you all! Catch you later! Pax--Brandy

      > Help ONElist keep this service free, while generating interest in your
      > product or service. ONElist has a variety of advertising packages.
      > Visit http://www.onelist.com/advert.html for more information.
    • LeeAnne Barnhart
      Message 2 of 11 , May 8 12:22 AM
        Dee777: What about those of us in this group or in the world for that matter
        that may follow a different faith than yours? Aren't your "bible"
        interpretations a bit biased and one sided? Fish may not have the same
        spiritual
        meaning to others as they do for you....and I respect that they do for you.
        However, I feel it necessary to mention that there many different kinds of
        people
        in the world who relate to different things, and I would hope that in a "open
        discussion group" such as this, you would respect the differences in people.

        My point (or question) is....how do you know that YOUR interpretations are
        CORRECT and other interpretations are not? No disrespect meant at all towards
        you or your beliefs....in fact, I plan to visit your website and check out the
        info there. I find learning about ALL kinds of different things interesting and
        intriguing. Your opinion sounded very negative and condescending, and I felt I
        should express to you my feeling was that this group was more "open".

        If I am wrong, group, please let me know and I will find a group that better
        fits
        my interests. Perhaps you should start a "dreamlist" geared strictly around the
        bible? Just a suggestion. I apologize if any offense is taken from my
        expressing my opinions on the matter.

        Message 3 of 11 , May 8 11:39 PM
          I certainly did Brandy! Thanx and keep posting!
          LeeAnne

          Message 4 of 11 , May 9 1:20 PM
            Brandy: Interesting about the similiarities with teeth. I have quite a bit of
            anxiety and "issues" with my Mom. Working on "healing the past child" right now
            through therapy. Brings up some yukies sometimes, and also some dreams.

            I didn't understand what you were trying to say in the last part of the message?
            Could you elaborate or rephrase it?

            It's funny but I went to some "assertiveness training" to help me deal with my
            Mom better, and found that I certainly have NO problems with authority figures
            or
            being assertive to people EXCEPT my Mom. It is something I am still working
            on.....all of this type of feedback helps me though! Appreciate it!

            LeeAnne

            Brandy B. Stark wrote:

            > From: "Brandy B. Stark" <sfcfqyp@...>
            >
            > How strange...I have had teh same exact type of teeth dreams! Some of
            > them are with one or two teeth that are rotten, broken, chipping, flaking,
            > or damaged (I have been having them for about 10 years now!) and some are
            > like yours...no pain, but a strange sensation. They simply fall out like
            > rain. Most of my dreams, though, are about my mother. She won't take me
            > to the dentis, I can get her on teh phone tohelp her, I get her one teh
            > phone and she thinks I am being a baby or doesn't care, or is too
            > busy....hmmm, might we have issues with our mother in the subconsious
            > mind? Those taht don't deal with Mom deal with authority figures in
            > general. they don't care, aren't around, won't help.....They seem to be
            > fairly cyclical and never predictable (when tehy will happen or what will
            > set them off!). Funny how teh mind works b/c for the most part....well,
            > Mom and I get along! Oh well. Brandy

            > Help ONElist keep this service free, while generating interest in your
            > product or service. ONElist has a variety of advertising packages.
            > Visit http://www.onelist.com/advert.html for more information.
          • Brandy B. Stark
                Message 7 of 11 , May 10 6:58 PM
                  Brandy:
                  Yes, I agree.....ick! Same for me, no pain, just falling like rain! Weird.
                  Now, I don't have any corolation between daily events that happen and teeth
                  dreams....but I know that during the time that I had a whole lot of stress going
                  on....moving, job, 3 young kids, transferring schools, etc. - that is when I had
                  this recurring dream! Had it probably about 4-5 times. Not since then.

                  Here is another strange on for you. I had a really strange dream that I
                  remember
                  really clearly the very first time I saw the movie "The Birds". What is really
                  strange is....I was about 14 or so - it was almost 10 years later, I was about
                  24
                  and I saw "The Birds" again and HAD THE EXACT SAME DREAM! Then, once again
                  about
                  5 years later....saw the movie - had the same dream. It takes place in the
                  house
                  that I was 14 years old in and we (my brother, sis and I) are coming home from
                  school over the hill and suddenly we start to inflate and turn transparent like
                  big baloons and "float" home. (Meaning?) Then, we get to the house and we have
                  to cross this big mud pond on a 2 X 4 which is really hard and scary and there
                  are mud monsters reaching up and grabbing at our heals as we are scurring on
                  towards the front door. We get to the front door and yell to Mom that they are
                  outside and trying to get us....then the next vision is the door sitting askew
                  on
                  the door frame, we are all huddled and screaming as the hands from the mud
                  monsters are reaching throuh the cracks in the door to get us! The dream ends.
                  Have any idea of meaning? What I think is weird is that it was recurring....but
                  tied to a movie! Very strange.

                  LeeAnne

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 2, 1998
                      Hi Lee Anne:

                      Just wanted to clarify something about my dream interpretations.
                      I wasn't raised in any church (parents didn't want to bother with it)
                      Then in various years, I became Catholic, Lutheran, Assy. of God,
                      Baptist, and then no church again. I studied metaphysics for almost
                      30 years, read widely in Edgar Cayce and various books on dream
                      symbolism including mythology. I live with a dream researcher
                      who has no religious background at all, but still has spiritual
                      dreams.

                      I don't think I'm biased towards any religion, and think that people don't
                      give themselves enough credit for being spiritual beings in a
                      physical body and don't look at the bigger picture of life. We DO
                      have a spiritual life whether we want to admit it or not. Some don't
                      I realize and many people can't define any particular slot to put
                      themselves in, and I tend to be one of those.

                      I'm widely open to dream interpretation and will be the first to tell
                      someone that they need to interpret a dream from their own life's
                      experiences. However, we should be open to other people's ideas
                      if we can't come up with an interpretation ourselves and then choose
                      a symbol that we are comfortable with or just leave it alone for a
                      few years and when we come back to it later on, we might have
                      new insight into it.

                      Hope that helps to see where I am coming from.

                      Dee
                      http://www.greatdreams.com

                      <<