July Heat Set Record Highs across USA

  • nathaniel x vance
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 4 KB

    Dear Group,
    More pertinent, irrefutable, non-deniable signs that we on this planet earth are living in and headed for some cataclysmic times in our very near future! Imagine crop failure, rivers and ponds drying up, food shortage, food prices raising, not to mention the increase specter of war as in the NATO/US illegal attack on harmless prosperous Libya in Africa.
    Would you disagree, and how do we prepare if at all possible?
    Thanks
    U.S. News
    July heat set record highs across U.S
    Published: Aug. 1, 2011

    CINCINNATI, Aug. 1 (UPI) -- July wrapped up pretty much as it began for much of United States -- blistering hot with more than 2,600 daily record highs broken, meteorologists say.
    The record-breaking heat ushered in August Monday, with AccuWeather.com forecasters saying a dome of high pressure that cooked the nation during July will remain in place through at least the first week of the new month.
    The National Weather Service said 2,676 daily record high temperatures were broken or tied in July across the United States, topping the total from last year's hot July by more than 1,200.