Re: dreams of family of origin

  • The ONE & ONLY Brandy B. Stark
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 1999
      I wonder iuf that is part of a cultural fear. Adults are living longer,
      and hildren are starting to return to the nest rather than leave it. One
      cultural analkysis hshows an extended family forming as the core unitl int
      the next century. Time is becoming so limited, according to this
      expert,nd medical science so advanced that the two will create a new
      family structure. Parents, grandparents, and children will all resdie in
      teh same home, grandparents often keeping an eye onthe children until the
      parents return home. With medical science, folks are living longer, with
      parents returning to live with the children later in life, and education
      is creating an extended "childhood" for adults, who stay at home longer to
      attend college for the degrees....

      I think having ones parents move back in with one, both in real life and
      in dreams, may hold a fear for the children, even if they are adults. The
      idea is tht the adult child will have a loss of power...which may or may
      not happen depending if the child moves in with the parents, or the
      parents move in with the child. The old authority that adulthood got you
      away from comes back and re-imposes itself on you....you lose power.

      In a dream, I wonder, then, if it is about the loss of personal power,
      adult power, or the personal power that comes from living independenlty
      from one's parents....just a ew thoughts for you....hope that helped....

      Pax et longa vita --

      Brandy

      Tap tap
      Is this thing on? Am I supposed to say something pithy?