dreams of family of origin

  • Jude T
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 1999
      Here's one for ya all: What does it mean when you dream as an adult that
      you are stuck living with your parents again and they make you so miserable
      you'd rather sleep in the streets? Anyone else had a dream like this???

      Thanks in advance for your responses.
    • The ONE & ONLY Brandy B. Stark
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21, 1999
        I wonder iuf that is part of a cultural fear. Adults are living longer,
        and hildren are starting to return to the nest rather than leave it. One
        cultural analkysis hshows an extended family forming as the core unitl int
        the next century. Time is becoming so limited, according to this
        expert,nd medical science so advanced that the two will create a new
        family structure. Parents, grandparents, and children will all resdie in
        teh same home, grandparents often keeping an eye onthe children until the
        parents return home. With medical science, folks are living longer, with
        parents returning to live with the children later in life, and education
        is creating an extended "childhood" for adults, who stay at home longer to
        attend college for the degrees....

        I think having ones parents move back in with one, both in real life and
        in dreams, may hold a fear for the children, even if they are adults. The
        idea is tht the adult child will have a loss of power...which may or may
        not happen depending if the child moves in with the parents, or the
        parents move in with the child. The old authority that adulthood got you
        away from comes back and re-imposes itself on you....you lose power.

        In a dream, I wonder, then, if it is about the loss of personal power,
        adult power, or the personal power that comes from living independenlty
        from one's parents....just a ew thoughts for you....hope that helped....

        Pax et longa vita --

        Brandy

        Tap tap
        Is this thing on? Am I supposed to say something pithy?