dreams (DUH!)

  • Teremka *
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 1999
      I haven't had any earth-shattering dreams lately. For that matter, I can't
      remember any that I had last night. :o( I must have been *really* tired! I
      do have a question though. Does anyone know of any books that help you
      analyze your dreams? (Without entries like:
      "cherry: Watch your purse!" or something stupid like that). I have a great
      book called "Cloud Nine". It has mythological symbolism, Freudian views,
      Jungian views, Estes(ian?) views, archetypal symbolism, etc. It has very
      broad SUGGESTIONS, as opposed to most books that TELL you some phony
      prophetic meaning to your dream. I have always been pointed in the right
      direction with my book.

      I heard someone mention a book called "The Dreamer's Wheel" or am I way off?

      My other question concerns reccurring themes in dreams. I don't have
      reccuring dreams, but there are two people who OFTEN appear in my dreams.

      One is a girl in elementary school that used to pick on me. In grade 5 I
      went through my own little hell when everyone in my class and then my grade
      made fun of me all the time. I used to get hate mail... But this one girl
      was always "mature" about it. She was sort of like the leader, though it
      wasn't obvious. She was intelligent, liked and her way of hurting me was
      always manipulative and planned. She didn't just laugh at me like most of
      the other girls. But a few years later, she tried to be nice to me. We went
      to high school together and she would invite me to her parties and try to
      get me to have fun.

      In my dreams, she is always befriending me.

      The other is a woman I worked with last summer. She and I were partners at a
      daycamp, taking care of the 6-7 year-olds. To sum up a nightmarish summer; I
      came up with all the ideas, which she knocked down profusely. Then when I
      left the control in her hands, she just simply blamed the kids for
      everything. She did everything in her power to make me look bad, which
      worked with our gullible coordinator (who was younger than both of us!!!).
      She was a manipulator who made my summer hell. She never smiled, the kids
      didn't even like her, UNTIL: For the end-of-camp performance, she organized
      it so the girls danced the macarena. She bought them things to wear in their
      hair and got them gussied up, so they LOVED her. It made me irate because I
      worked SO hard to keep the kids active, happy and stimulated, when all she
      did was take credit for my work and turned everyone against me. She couldn't
      even handle them by herself. But I could. Our coordinator amazingly only
      ever asked her to help out with things when it meant taking her away from
      our group, because she knew that I could handle the kids alone.

      Sorry to ramble, obviously I'm still bitter and that shows in my dreams. She
      is usually in my dreams when I screw things up, giving me a hard time, or
      insulting me. I dream about her at least once a week, and have for over a
      year. The dreams are never good, except for one. (In a recent dream she was
      nice.) I know *why* I'm dreaming about her, but how does one resolve the
      issues so that the dreams stop?

      Thanks for reading!

      Teremka
    • Dolphina Hodges
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 1999
        Hi Terekma! (did I spell that right??)
        I don't know if this is what you were thinking of..but a while back I believe I made a post and referred to a book called DREAMING WITH THE WHEEL-(meaning Medicine Wheel)- by Sun Bear....don't know if that is what you were thinking of or not....Anyway..hope that helps..:)
        Talk soon!
        LoveandPeace, Dolphina

        http://www.care-mail.com - Free E-mail/e-card accounts that help save Wildlife!