Re: Figure this one out

  • Nick Caldwell
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 19, 1999
      Yeah, I hate to say this, but Jennifer get the hell off of this list. It's
      kind of hard
      to believe, for me anyway, that dreams have no significance whatsoever.
      But if
      that is your belief, you definitely don't belong on this mailing list. Go
      find a list
      where you can bash other peoples' beliefs, if that is what you like to do
      so much.
    • S0ULWynd@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 19, 1999
        To you they may mean nothing ...I myself ,however believe dreams do mean
        something ,have messages and lessons to be learned.We have spirits and guides
        and also angels come to us trhough our dream to help with answer and
        questions we may have.When we ask for help in trying times or just in trying
        to figure a certain thing out ..alot of it comes to us through our dreams...I
        for one am always aware ,and open to my dreams, and to learning what my
        dreams mean..Knowlede and enlightenment await... Be in tune ,and you too may
        be suprised at what you can learn.Love and Light ~Jennifer~
      • Jennifer S. Pontrello
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 19, 1999
          hey dont say that I'm entitled to my own opinion...i care about dreams
          I'm just saying that they dont mean a thing.

          On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 15:50:35 -0700 Nick Caldwell <caldwen@...>
          writes:
          >From: Nick Caldwell <caldwen@...>
          >
          >Yeah, I hate to say this, but Jennifer get the hell off of this list.
          >It's
          >kind of hard
          >to believe, for me anyway, that dreams have no significance
          >whatsoever.
          >But if
          >that is your belief, you definitely don't belong on this mailing list.
          > Go
          >find a list
          >where you can bash other peoples' beliefs, if that is what you like to
          >do
          >so much.
          >

          >--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor
          >----------------------------
          >
          >ONElist: your connection to online communities.

          Jennifer

        • temiel@xxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxx)
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 19, 1999
            >I think we should all stop analizing our dreams because they mean
            >nothing...and even if they do...who cares!!

            If we all stopped analyzing our dreams, than this list would not have any
            purpose whatsoever. One of the primary things that happens on this list is
            to discuss what they mean.

            I, for one, am glad for being able to have this venue. I had a very bad
            experience about a year ago, and my dreams have brought something to my
            attention that otherwise would have made a bad situation very very worse.
            Because of my dreams, and the insights I got from this list regarding them,
            I saved quite a bit of face.

            Do dreams mean something? I don't really know. Sure, my experience I was
            talking about could have just been some common sense stuff that someone
            said that brought something to my attention, and not have been the dream at
            all... but the possibility still exists.

            I sincerely feel that people should never say something isn't true without
            concrete evidence. Some of the most beautiful things this life has to
            offer come from what people who dwell on facts allone deem impossible. I
            don't know about you Jennifer, but I want to keep my mind open to the
            wonders around me.
            --
            This message written by Justin "ShivaFang" White.
            Editor of the SaGa Frontier Worldbook:

            'I am whatever I choose to be, spirits passing in the night, I have no
            default, mearly many personalities that conquer one another to type
            for me at will, a miniture war takes place within me, a thousand times
            more interesting than anything outside...'
            --Myst Johnson

            'now excuse me I have to go fill my freezer with blood'
            --Kramer
          • temiel@xxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxx)
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 19, 1999
              >hey dont say that I'm entitled to my own opinion...i care about dreams
              >I'm just saying that they dont mean a thing.

              And that's a perfectly valid opinion. I first joined this list because I
              had very vivid dreams and just liked to be able to have some reason for
              writing them down every morning. I didn't expect every dream to be
              analyzed at first (and even some dreams I do post don't get analized, which
              I don't mind).

              However, that said, kindly be aware that there are people on this list who
              do strongly believe that dreams have a deeper significance than a lot of
              people would like to admit, and their oppinions are just as valid as yours.
              If you want to read just the dreams and not the interpretations, that's
              your perogitive =).
              --
              This message written by Justin "ShivaFang" White.
              Editor of the SaGa Frontier Worldbook:
              http://members.xoom.com/temiel/sagaf/sf.html

              'I am whatever I choose to be, spirits passing in the night, I have no
              default, mearly many personalities that conquer one another to type
              for me at will, a miniture war takes place within me, a thousand times
              more interesting than anything outside...'
              --Myst Johnson

              'now excuse me I have to go fill my freezer with blood'
              --Kramer
            • Brandy B. Stark
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 20, 1999
                Then why, exactly, are you on the list? Is it the content of other's
                dreams you are interested in? I must admit, this is very confusing.

                Brandy

              • jroth@xxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 4, 1999
                  > From: "Jennifer S. Pontrello" <jen865@...>
                  >
                  > hey dont say that I'm entitled to my own opinion...i care about dreams
                  > I'm just saying that they dont mean a thing.

                  And neither does anything else either? Well, I admit there is something
                  attractive in this way of looking at things.

                  --
                  Joel Roth jroth@...