Re: A dream about school

  • Brandy B. Stark
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 21, 1999
      I think most of us do, Jeb! I am going through a turbulent time, too. My
      Mother is getting remarried, and I am, admittedly, not thrilled witht he
      prospect. It has been only the two of us in the family for so long (I
      grew up with Mom) that the fiance really feels like an intruder. I keep
      having nightmares that the wedding, scheduled for Oct., is taking place
      now (in the dream!) However, I keep trying to realize that i am an adult,
      Mom is an adult, and life goes on. I can rationalize that, but the
      emotions take a while longer to catch up. Plus, I'm looking at a big move
      ina year if I am accepted to a doctoral program (I graduate with a Masters
      in 5/2000!) Talk about a lot of change!

      Oh, mermen are the male versions of mermaids. I'm a classist (Into the
      ANCIENTS big time!) and the Greeks/Romans, in part., had images of
      "tritons", a race of half men/god half fish/dolphin.

      I collect them (being female, what would I want with a mermaid? Noooo,
      give me a nice hunk of merman anytime!!

      Pax.
      Brandy

    • temiel@xxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxx)
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 21, 1999
        >I was wondering what mermen are?....I read your story and it has always

        Mermen are male mermaids.
        --
        This message written by Justin "ShivaFang" White.
        Editor of the SaGa Frontier Worldbook:

        'I am whatever I choose to be, spirits passing in the night, I have no
        default, mearly many personalities that conquer one another to type
        for me at will, a miniture war takes place within me, a thousand times
        more interesting than anything outside...'
        --Myst Johnson

        'now excuse me I have to go fill my freezer with blood'
        --Kramer