[dre-talk] Liturgical Year monthly topic

  • Katveee@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 1999
      Happy All Saint's Day!! For those of you who are new, I'm the listowner, I
      publish a topic of the month every month to start discussion, but anything
      related to leading catechetical programs or teaching religion is allowed.

      As we are closing in on the end of our church year, I thought we might
      discuss ways to integrate the Liturgical Year into our programs. How about
      sharing activities, lessons or prayer services for the feast of Christ the
      King, Advent, Christmas?

      Since Eucharist means thanksgiving and Thanksgiving will be here before we
      know it, do you do anything special for this holiday that isn't a holy day
      but has religious undertones?

      I'd like to encourage all of you to go to the egroups homepage:
      http://www.egroups.com and register if you haven't done so. Doing so will
      allow you to manipulate your subscription (change to digest, summary digest
      or web-only), read old messages and make use of our links page. The links
      page has Catholic websites links. I've started the list, but since this is
      our group, if you know some great links related to teaching religion please
      add them to the collection. Most of the major publishers now have websites
      or homepages. I'll add some to the list this month.

      Hopefully none of you will need this information, but there are two ways to
      unsubscribe: You can go to the egroups homepage, and if you have registered
      you can click on catechist and a page will come up where you can unsubscribe
      yourself. If you haven't registered or don't want to fool with the web page
      you can send an email to :

      Finally, each month I ask for suggestions of topics for us to discuss in the
      future. If you have ideas please email me outside the group discussion.
      Some possibilities I currently have on my list include the Jubilee, Sacrament
      Parent Meetings, Lent, Confirmation First Communion, First Reconciliation,
      Easter/Pentecost, Budget, Catechist Inservice, Staff Meetings and
      Evaluations. Are there other topics you would find most relevant and useful?
      Let me know. Also, let me know if there is a topic and time that any of you
      would like to chat through our group chat room.

      I tell the children that saint's are people who let Jesus' light shine
      through - so a special God Bless to all of you saints out there who do just
      that in your ministry each day.

      Kathy
    • John Hamilton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2000
        I am notifying you of my e-mail address change.I will now receive my mail at
        edubelva@... Please change immdediately as I would not want to miss
        any good information. Thank you Belva Hamilton