Re:Communion banners

  • Carol Brown
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2 5:30 AM
      We have families make banners at a First Communion retreat. We provide precut unbleached muslim, felt, stencils, and glue guns. They bring felt letters for their child's name. This becomes a popular family project, and they get ideas from one another. After the retreat, we get dowels and ribbon (sometimes the kids go out and gather sticks for hanging instead of dowels). That way they are all the same size and length. It works great for us.
      Carol Brown
      St. Elizabeth of the Hill Country
      Boone, NC

      --
      Carol Brown
      mailto: carol@...

    • Gloria Flinn-Linderman
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2 6:44 AM
        we give each family a 9X12 piece of felt and ask each child to design
        their own banner. the theme is based on First Communion. at the
        retreat we take all of these small banners and put them on 4, 10 foot
        banners that her hung in the Church.

        Gloria

        Gloria Flinn-Linderman

        Director of Christian Formation