Suggestion for February Topic - Intimacy with the Father

  • tkeldm
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2007
      Are there any success stories about people really developing intimate
      fellowship with the Father?

      Over the last 2 years I have been getting the message that people are
      yearning for intimacy with the Father.

      I just finished reading *Revolution* by George Barna and the message
      comes through loud and clear about intimacy with the Father.

      That intimacy with the Father is most important is also the major
      topic in *From Glory to Glory - The Salvation of the Soul* by David W.
      Dyer, *Pleasures Evermore* by Sam Storm, *Bringing Christ's Presense
      Into Your Home* by Keith A. Fournier and *Waking the Dead - The Glory
      of a Heart Truly Alive* by John Eldredge.
    • Micheleiw@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2007
        Larry, I am not sure I would want to narrow the February topic to Intimacy
        with the Father, but you suggested some books that you have found helpful in
        your faith journey.

        Lent is approaching with its call to conversion/transformation through
        prayer, fasting and almsgiving. To get ourselves ready for that journey with Christ
        and the Church, maybe other catechetical leaders could weigh in on books they
        have found....
        that have nourished their spiritual journey--prayer, liturgy,
        that have deepened their understanding of the Gospel and the whole Word of
        God,
        that have broadened their worldview and moved them to compassion and mission,

        that have increased their knowledge of Catholic teaching and practice.

        Blessings,

        Michele