Re: [dre-talk] Faith Formation Council

  • Dan1schwie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2007
      Be sure to do a demographic study of your parish - not just of those who are registered in your parish but check the secular demographic information on the number of Catholics who actually live in your parish.

      We are a mobil society. In our 21st century it is not uncommon for close to a majority of our Catholics not to be registered. These are often the "lost sheep" that are not included in our plans. For children, one can check the local public school demographics which are public and get a pretty good idea how many of the Catholic children are active in what you are already doing. Generally there are studies that will estimate the percentage of folks who are in the various religious groupings. It is generally acurate to the needs we have - better than most parish data.

      Good Luck.

      Dan