prayers

  • Jayerusso@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
      To all of our colleagues in Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana, please be
      assured of our prayers and when you can, let us know how we can help. God
      bless you and all of the people who are suffering so greatly!
      Jaye Russo
      Saint Brigid/Sacred Heart Religious Education Program
      Lexington, MA

    • bbeccat2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2005
        Dear Jaye and NPCD Colleagues,

        On behalf of the Diocesan offices of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama, I
        wanted to respond to your kind e-mail of prayerful support.

        I should have been in touch before now, but life has been so demanding in
        light of the recent cataclysmic destruction of New Orleans, the Mississippi
        coast and surrounds (up to 150 miles inward). There is, as I am sure you know,
        so much pain and suffering, so much anger and disillusionment, so many
        questions... Yet, as today's gospel reminds us--where there are two or three
        gathered, there is God. This is certainly one of those defining moments in our
        lives together...opportunities for immense good, and mercy. Times when
        solidarity and the common good, stewardship and sacrifice will take on new meaning.
        I hope we as catechetical leaders will impart that enthusiastic vision of
        humanity and the Church's mission 'in the truest sense of Vatican II and the
        new NDC to those we serve. I wrote Dan Mulhall today as a personal friend, and
        made the observation that this is a giant moment for the Church to stand up
        and be a light after these last years of so much shame and criticism. Our
        Social Teaching and moreover our understanding of the Paschal Mystery is our
        gift to this (and all parts) of the suffering world.

        Needless to say, life will never be the same...welcoming the new homeless is
        now our joy and mission. The many challenges and needs for healing will take
        years to comprehend, but I know with God's good grace and mercy we will be
        able to be bread truly and painfully broken for the life of this part of the
        world. As people of prayer, it comforts me to know you all will be influencing
        those you serve, encouraging prayer for all of these suffering masses
        everyday. We know it makes a difference!

        This morning at Mass, my pastor asked each of us to fast and pray on
        Wednesday of the coming week. The day will begin with Mass and end with
        Benediction. He urged us to make this a time of prayer in the illuminating presence of
        our Lord. In that peace, he said, we may find a direction, and a way to make
        rational decisions as we face the days ahead. The needs are enormous, and I
        am sure your parishes are beginning to make a response. God bless you all,
        and many thanks for your prayers.

        Prayers for the world...
        God bless,
        Rebecca Titford
        Director, Office of Religious Education
        Archdiocese of Mobile

      • Donna Francisco
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 15, 2005
          Rebecca,

          Thank-you for your words of inspiration. Isn't it too bad that some of us don't think much about God until something horrible happens. Then, when things get better, we put God up on the shelf again.

          Please know that even here in Michigan, all of you are in our prayers and hearts. Our parish had an unannounced second collection last weekend for Katrina victims and raised over $5000.

          Thanks again & God Bless ~
          Donna

        • socorro paclarin
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 15, 2005
            Dear Donna,

            Thank you for including me in your group.
            God bless you always and take care.

            Socorro

            http://mail.yahoo.com