RE: [dre-talk] Fw: Secret First Communion

  • School of Relgion Church of the Ascension
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
      I think the grandmother did the right thing. Just record it and let it go.

    • Mary Fran
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2005
        Sasa,
        I say your inclination is right. Record the First Communion, give the child a certificate, and tell your pastor he doesn't have to even think about it again. My guess is, he hasn't thought of it since you first asked. God bless you and the grandmother for your wisdom!

        I think the grandmother did the right thing. Just record it and let it go.

        >From: "Sara Carey" <saracarey@...>
        >To: <dre-talk@yahoogroups.com>
        >CC: <saracarey@...>
        >Subject: [dre-talk] Fw: Secret First Communion
        >Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:20:03 -0600
        >
        >I'm not sure if this message went out or not, so I'm sending it again.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        Children International
        Would you give Hope to a Child in need?

        · Click Here to meet a Girl
        And Give Her Hope

        · Click Here to meet a Boy
        And Change His Life

        Learn More

      • Joyce Pinney
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2005
          One final word on a similar situation: We have a 17 year old who will be
          making his first communion at a weekday morning Mass during April vacation.
          It's our compromise: public, but not too public.

          Joyce

        • Shawn Kipert
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2005
            Ok. here's a new one on me.

            We have 50 kids making first Communion this weekend. Several are home
            schooled but attend PRE. One boy converted with his family and siblings, and
            all have been baptized, received Reconciliation and will now First Holy
            Communion on Sat. He is 13. Next Fall he begins preparation for
            Confirmation, but Father wants him to make a profession of faith before his
            first Communion on Saturday because he's 13. The other siblings do not have
            to do this.

            How does this work in a Diocese which does not participate in restored
            order?

            I think the grandmother did the right thing. Just record it and let it
            go.

            >From: "Sara Carey" <saracarey@...>
            >To: <dre-talk@yahoogroups.com>
            >CC: <saracarey@...>
            >Subject: [dre-talk] Fw: Secret First Communion
            >Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:20:03 -0600
            >
            >I'm not sure if this message went out or not, so I'm sending it again.

            Yahoo! Groups Links