Suggestions

  • Ken Schwend
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2004
      I will be conducting an evening on prayer for Confirmation high school students, any suggestions or ideas that would provide the students with an opportunity to explore,experience and participate in prayer and prayer forms.

      I can be reached at Kschwend@...

      Thank you,

      KMS

    • kispert
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2004
        The best prayer service I ever conducted used meditation and music. It began
        with separating all the kids from one another so that they could not touch,
        turning off all lighting, lighting one large candle so that I could see,
        starting some meditational music, and beginning to slowly read a meditation
        involving the kids sitting on top of a large hill overlooking a village
        below. I had 50 kids in the room, and never heard a sound. We talked about
        it afterward and many of the kids were surprised that their minds opened
        enough to pray that way, and many were openly honest that they simply could
        not focus and let go of enough mind clutter to respond. That really did make
        for interesting discussion about how to clear your mind for prayer.
        Shawn
        > I will be conducting an evening on prayer for Confirmation high school
        students, any suggestions or ideas that would provide the students with an
        opportunity to explore,experience and participate in prayer and prayer
        forms.

        > I can be reached at Kschwend@...
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > KMS

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Barbara JJ Nichols
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2004
          Holy Family parish's Advent Penance Service included a simple skit and
          ended with introduction of priest available for confession and the
          Blessed Sacrament was placed on the altar in our sancutary right before
          people were invited to go to individual confession - the silence/ song
          mediationand reverence was maintained and people did not rush to form
          confession lines.

          Our teens and entire parish related well to the adoration because it was
          a praise and worship time with song - our Youth Minister put a screen to
          one side of the altar and projected the words to the songs for people to
          mediate with.

          If you are in the SE region of NPCD and would like to contribute best
          practices on Confirmation send me back an email.

          Good Luck.

          Barbara Nichols NPCD SE REP.

          Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!