Blessing for a student driver

  • Mary Ann Kelley
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
      Help! I am looking for a blessing for student drivers. I know I saw it
      somewhere. I am hoping it was here.

      Mary Ann Kelley

      Is there a gadget-lover on your gift list? MSN Shopping has lined up some
      good bets! http://shopping.msn.com
    • cpolchow@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
        Kathleen Chesto has a book called Family Prayer for Family Times and it
        includes a prayer for a new driver which could easily be used for student drivers.
        Hope this helps.
        Carolyn in CA

      • Betsy Curran
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
          Kathy Chesto's Family Prayers for Family Times 23rd Publications has a
          blessing for new drivers.

          Mary Ann Kelley wrote:

          >Help! I am looking for a blessing for student drivers. I know I saw it
          >somewhere. I am hoping it was here.
          >
          >Mary Ann Kelley

        • greatpyrs2
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
            If you attended the NCEA/NPCD in St. Louis and visited our prayer room, we
            had prayers for various occasions including new drivers.
            Evelyn in St. Louis WITH A NEW ARCHBISHOP!

            Mary Ann Kelley wrote:

            >Help! I am looking for a blessing for student drivers. I know I saw it
            >somewhere. I am hoping it was here.
            >
            >Mary Ann Kelley

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Carol
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
              There is a"Blessing of the Keys" Prayer service in "YouthWorks" which has a
              blessing in it. The following is the closing blessing which I have printed
              on cards and given at the end of this prayer service.
              Lord, help me show my appreciation for your precious gift of life by always
              driving with care...
              to show my love for others by being courteous to them...
              to show my respect for your Law by respecting the laws of the road...
              and to show my gratitude for my own life by never driving when I could be
              harmful to myself or others. Amen

              Carol Kunkel

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
                Hi,

                I'm not sure this is the blessing you're looking for, but maybe it can
                help. (A little stilted to use for teens...)

                The Motorist's Prayer

                Grant me, O Lord, a steady hand and watchful eye, that no one shall be
                hurt as I pass by.
                Thou gavest life, I pray no act of mine may take away or mar that gift of
                Thine.
                Shelter those, dear Lord, who bear me company, from the evils of fire and
                all calamity.
                Teach me to use my car for other's need;
                nor miss through love of undue speed the beauty of the world;
                that thus I may with joy and courtesy go on my way.
                St. Christopher, holy patron of travelers, protect me and lead me safely
                to my destiny.