(no subject)

  • Haggerty83@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2003
      Regarding Carla's question about a parish school making parish connectedness
      harder -- I think in some ways she is right. The parish school is a wonderful
      and vibrant community. It really adds life to the property to have kids
      around every day. However, as a parish, we tend to focus on the parish school
      kids to the exclusion of CCD kids (it's an old story that every parish faces). I
      don't think there is any intentional exclusion; it just happens because
      staff, teachers, and other involved parishioners don't know the public school
      children as well. I think if you have a parish without a school, all the kids are
      "leveled out" and none are outsiders. Carla, I think what you are doing with
      the kids sounds great!
      Theresa