Re: [dre-talk] Not Receiving Email Anymore

  • Shawn
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 11, 2002
      I was wondering the same thing as well. Especially since I am in the middle of program negotiations with our Monsignor and finance committe and wanted the groups input.
      I just assumed we were not chatting through the summer for some reason.
      Shawn

    • sonya.tondreau@med.va.gov
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 11, 2002
        I haven't received an e-mail for two weeks or so. I thought maybe the
        firewall where I work was holding e-mails back.

        Sonya Tondreau

      • Greg & Kathy Hueste
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 11, 2002

        • scsbaglynn@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 11, 2002
            Hi,

            I, too, have not received any Dre Talk e-mails in the last two weeks. Did I
            do something wrong?

            Barbara A. Glynn

          • m15m18@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 11, 2002
              From my understanding dre-talk moved to a new location to avoid spam and to
              lessen the risk of viruses. It is located at
              http://www.communityzero.com/brookreas

              You need to log in with a password. Then you will be able to view all
              messages and replies. I have only visited once - it isn't as handy as having
              all messages waiting in your mailbox.

              Good luck. I hope I answered your question correctly. I'm still here but
              don't have too much to say these days since Religious Ed. ended in May and
              Vacation Bible School was last week. Now I'm going to kick back a little and
              slowly gear up for next year. My calendar is done. Must order books yet.
              Our parish will be getting a new pastor in July so new ideas and procedures
              are probably on the horizon.
              Linda B.
              Sioux City, IA
            • Robert Piercy
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 11, 2002
                on 6/11/02 11:15 AM, scsbaglynn@... at scsbaglynn@... wrote:

                Hi,

                I, too, have not received any Dre Talk e-mails in the last two weeks. Did I
                do something wrong?

                Barbara A. Glynn

                Well Barbara if you did something wrong - -then I AM IN REAL TROUBLE! - - -
                -

                I will call Kathy V. today and see what she knows about the situation.

                I just assumed all the DRE's of the country were either trying to find out
                if they still had a bishop or were in constant prayer - -NO ONE GET
                OFFENDED!!!!!! - -just a little humor in the middle of all this.

                I am interested in finding out if and how you handled this with your
                catechetical sessions. did the issue of priest abuse come up at all? I
                have found around here that the issue is not being asked by kids (6 grade
                through high school) Are they seeing the forest for the trees and I am not?
                Let me know

                Bob Piercy
                -- Robert W. Piercy
                GIA Publications, Inc.

              • Ginny Brockman
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 11, 2002
                  If this is the case, why are we receiving e-mails now? Has anyone actually written in and not found their e-mail published on the current list?

                  Ginny Brockman

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 11, 2002
                    Bob and all,

                    It's good to be conversing again!

                    As our Winter catechetical session was winding down, and our Summer
                    session began yesterday, we put together a few good resources for
                    catechists to read, in case children raised questions about what they
                    are hearing/seeing. So far, it seems mostly parents who have a need to
                    talk. We have been spending time with parents in small groups, rather
                    informally, discussing ways in which we can inform children about
                    boundaries and trust.

                    The most interesting conversations we've had of late have been with
                    people who are either updating or are taking the Archdiocesan Child
                    Protection Orientation that is required for all employees or volunteers
                    who come in contact with children. There is an understandable new
                    interest in the orientation. People no longer give the impression that
                    it's unnecessary, and they are more apt to stay for longer discussions
                    after the presentation.

                    Leisa Anslinger

                    I, too, have not received any Dre Talk e-mails in the last two weeks.
                    Did I

                    do something wrong?

                    Barbara A. Glynn

                    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    Well Barbara if you did something wrong - -then I AM IN REAL TROUBLE! -
                    - -

                    -

                    I will call Kathy V. today and see what she knows about the situation.

                    I just assumed all the DRE's of the country were either trying to find
                    out

                    if they still had a bishop or were in constant prayer - -NO ONE GET

                    OFFENDED!!!!!! - -just a little humor in the middle of all this.

                    I am interested in finding out if and how you handled this with your

                    catechetical sessions. did the issue of priest abuse come up at all? I

                    have found around here that the issue is not being asked by kids (6
                    grade

                    through high school) Are they seeing the forest for the trees and I am
                    not?

                    Let me know

                    Bob Piercy

                    -- Robert W. Piercy

                    GIA Publications, Inc.

                    Will You Find True Love?

                    Will You Meet the One?

                    Free Love Reading by phone!

                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/Deo18C/zDLEAA/Ey.GAA/28VolB/TM

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 11, 2002
                      how do we get the new password. I too have not received any e-mail
                    • m15m18@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 11, 2002
                        In a message dated 06/11/2002 11:57:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
                        vrbrockman@... writes:

                        << If this is the case, why are we receiving e-mails now? Has anyone
                        actually written in and not found their e-mail published on the current list?

                        The originator of dre-talk moved to community zero. The yahoo group is still
                        in existence. I guess if we want to keep it active, it's up to whoever
                        responds. Personally, I find it time-consuming to go to that website and
                        read the posts. I hope there are still enough of us to keep the yahoo group
                        going. Like I said previously, I'm done for a couple of months, so I don't
                        have much to say for now. How about everyone else? Do you get to take some
                        time off during the summer or does your job as DRE involve summer work?
                        Linda B.
                      • m15m18@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 11, 2002
                          In a message dated 06/11/2002 1:00:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
                          sthilarydre@... writes:

                          << how do we get the new password. I too have not received any e-mail >>

                          When you go to that site, you will be asked to give a password that you
                          choose. Then you type in that password each time you want to read the posts.
                        • katveee@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jun 11, 2002
                            To all Dre-talk members - we are still in operation and our group and web
                            site are still part of Yahoo Groups. For whatever reason there have only
                            been 13 postings for the whole month of June ( most of those have been about
                            not receiving mail), In May we had 130. My guess is members are winding
                            down and taking some time off.
                            Anyway, feel free to post questions, ideas etc. on topics of interest. In
                            general I don't post a monthly letter for June-July-August.
                            Hope everyone has a great summer break, time to relax, rejuvenate and play.

                            God Bless
                            Kathy Viele
                            dre-talk Moderator

                          • The Geene Family
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jun 11, 2002
                              The list seems to be up and running, we are just a silent group all of a
                              sudden. Our budgeting process is over, I am still waiting for the pastor
                              to sign my new contract ( partly my fault, I applied to a parish closer to
                              home, but they chose to hire someone else.) While I am sad to still be
                              commuting I know that I am where God wants me.

                              Peace

                              Maggie

                            • palmer@ncea.org
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jun 12, 2002
                                Linda - you have things mixed up. DREtalk did not move anywhere. The
                                catechist site from Brooklyn did the moving.
                                Steve Palmer
                                Associate Executive Director
                                Department of Religious Education
                                National Catholic Educational Association
                                Suite 100 1077 30th St. NW
                                Washington, DC 20007-3852
                                202 337-6232
                                fax 202 333 6706
                                palmer@... <mailto:palmer@...>

                                Contact person for
                                National Association of Parish Catechetical Directors (NPCD)
                                www.ncea.org/Npcd <http://www.ncea.org/Npcd>