Re: [dre-talk] Re: childrens RCIA process - minimums

  • barbara shropshire
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2000
      In regards to the RCIA adapted for children, I have found that the interview
      determines the "minimum" catechesis and the timeline of the rites
      celebrated. An informed priest can give good guidance on the pastoral
      nature of the catechumenate and provide a welcoming nature for those
      interested in the Catholic faith. In a country that is predominantly
      Christian, very few of our catechumens have not heard about Jesus. Through
      the interview process it can be ascertained what the catechumen needs and
      wants to bring him/her to Christ and celebrate the rites. The National
      Forum on the Catechumenate has many helpful conferences and materials to
      help in this area. Also, the discernment with the sponsor before the rites
      can help the initiation process flow smoothly and focus the catechesis
      through to mystagogia.

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2000
        I am not sure who will end up with this, but I would like to thank Dan, I
        cannot agree with you more. Work with the families where they are at. Life
        is hard enough, and if the Spirit has reached them, let us reach out to them.
        Thanks again for the affirmation.
        Pat