Re: [dre-talk] Adult Faith Formation

  • Mark Nuehring
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
      I concur with Barbara that you must become the
      prophet in your local situation to promote the vision
      of adult faith formation and the initiation process as
      the norm. I do feel, however, that during this
      process, which will take time, you MUST also find
      people, (like your RCIA team, a lead lector, etc...)
      who can begin to mentor others so you don't have to
      feel like you need to do it all, which realistically
      you can't.

      The General Directory for Catechesis, a wonderful
      vision document, speaks of apprenticeship as a model
      we must all be about in catechesis! You are
      apprecticing all those you work with directly to
      develop their baptismal call to ministry! This needs
      to be your CENTRAL ministry (i.e. RCIA teams, lead
      lector etc)!

      This will take time, but if your a "J" on the
      Myers/Briggs, like I am, then you will want to be
      doing something to make a difference rather than just
      forming your parish council. The formation of the
      council is essential however! In order for the parish
      to MOVE to more of an adult faith formaiton
      orientation you must FORM the volunteer leadership in
      this new vision and help them see its urgency.

      You should have someone on the diocesan level who can
      assist you locally by in-servicing your parish council
      and resourcing you!

      Good luck and God Bless YOU!

      Mark

      http://greetings.yahoo.com