Re: [dre-talk] Devotions to Mary

  • Amy Ballanco
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
      Instead of crowing a statue we have a "Children's Prayer Garden". Children
      bring in a group of flowers to be planted in a garden that has a statue of
      Mary in it. We give them each a pair of rosary beads as a gift and then we
      talk about it and pray 1 decade together. We serve lemonade and cookies and
      it is a lovely experience.

    • Micheleiw@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2001
        Holy Cross Ministries has some great videos on the mysteries of the Rosary:
        The Hero, The Visit, The Choice, The Search, The Journey and The Eggplant
        Lady. They put a modern spin on moments in Jesus' life. They also have a set
        on prayer and the rosary.
        I am sure Susan Wallace at Holy Cross Family Ministries, 518 Washington St.,
        North Easton, MA, 02356-1200 will be very helpful.

        Michele Idiart Walsh
        St. Joachim Church, Hayward, CA
      • Shawn Kispert
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2001
          here is the poem:

          LOVELY LADY DRESSED IN BLUE
          TEACH ME HOW TO PRAY.
          GOD WAS JUST YOUR LITTLE BOY
          TELL ME WHAT TO SAY.
          DID YOU LIFT HIM UP SOMETIMES
          GENTLY ON YOUR KNEE?
          DID YOU SING TO HIM THE WAY
          MY MOTHER DID TO ME?
          DID YOU HOLD HIS HAND AT NIGHT
          DID YOU EVER TRY TELLING STORIES OF THE WORLD?
          OH, AND DID HE CRY?
          DO YOU THINK HE REALLY CARES
          IF I TELL HIM LITTLE THINGS--
          LITTLE THINGS THAT HAPPEN