Re: [dre-talk] Post-Sacrament Evangelization

  • kevcody2
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 19, 2013
      Michelle & Fr. David,

      For 1st Communion, 1st Reconciliation, and Confirmation, the first session following the celebration of the sacrament is a mystagogical breaking open of the participants' experience of the sacrament.
      Following Confirmation, we have guest speakers from various parish ministries (including the pastor), and a 7th Gr./8th Gr. retreat. One of the sessions will take place at the Youth Ministry building where the youth minister will host a dinner and presentation.

      We just started using the OSV Parent Letters to stay connected with families following the baptism of their children until the children are old enough for our religious education programs, to instill in parents the fact that they are the primary catechist of their children, and to give them ideas for implementing family faith traditions in their homes early on.

      God bless you in your efforts!

      Kevin Cody, DRE
      St. Alphonsus Parish
      Lemont, IL 60439