Re: [dre-talk] Conclave

  • Margo Morin
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 13, 2013
      Joyce,
      The last time we were going through this transition, I was teaching a middle school RE class, and we used the process (described here, but there must be a ton of other resources out there http://people.howstuffworks.com/papacy3.htm
      ... to elect a patron saint for our class group. We used the thread and everything, and I think it was fun because if we didn't have the right majority we had to throw the the whole thing out and start over, I remember the kids howling about that! We had a big white "cloud" and a black one that I would hold up after each vote.
      Hope that helps!
      -Margo
      Immaculate Conception
      Malden

      On Feb 13, 2013, at 4:50 PM, Lorraine C wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > I can across this article about explaining the Pope's resignation to children & thought it was a good resource.
      >
      > I'm no computer wiz, but if you cut & paste this address below into your address window, it should take you to it: (i hope!)
      >
      > https://www.osvparish.com/CatechistHelp/EarlyChildhood/Article/tabid/275/itemId/528/What-to-tell-kids-about-Pope-Benedicts-resignatio.aspx
      >
      > Be well!
      > Lorraine Cortina, DRE
      > Sts. Philip & James Parish
      > St. James, NY

    • Frank Koob
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 14, 2013
        Sr. Caroline Cerveny has just posted some good suggestions on her blog,
        "A Cyberrpilgrim's Blog":

        http://acyberpilgrim.org/2013/02/14/5-digital-projects-the-election-of-our-pope/

        Frank Koob
      • noelmarty49
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 18, 2013
          Go to Catholicartworks.com.....George has put a series of materials together on the election of the new pope.

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
            You will find some great ideas at http://rcfaithquest.weebly.com/.

            It's an exciting topic to share with our students.

            Blessings,
            Cathy Cornue
            Diocese of Syracuse

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 27, 2013
              Hi all,

              As of this morning, Jared Dees of The Religion Teacher has just posted a lesson plan for the conclave.

              http://www.thereligionteacher.com/papal-conclave-lesson-plan/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheReligionTeacher+%28The+Religion+Teacher%29

              Joyce Donahue

              Diocese of Joliet Religious Education Office

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 27, 2013
                On the subject of catholic artworks-do you have success with this company? We've never received our paid for merchandise from 2 years ago despite many letters and phone calls.

                Sandi Belleque
                Sent from my iPhone

                On Feb 18, 2013, at 10:16 AM, MNoel21550@... wrote:

                > Go to Catholicartworks.com.....George has put a series of materials together on the election of the new pope.

              • Sherill Glassmaker
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 28, 2013
                  I myself have also called emailed and corresponded no less than a dozen times for items that had been shorted at a convention with a promise of a two week delivery and it has been over two years. I have spoke with George a few times always with the promise he would make it right. Have heard numerous excuses about health issues. Check again to see there are new items added and business as appears to be usual and no resolution to the missing items promised almost 3 summers ago. I spent a significant amount of money as well and no refund. Took my money and ran gave me partial set with a promise to make good. Told me the item has since been discontinued with a promise to make it right. NOTHING. Love the items but I can’t in good conscience purchase from them. Sorry you went through this as well. Sherill

                  On Feb 18, 2013, at 10:16 AM, MNoel21550@... <mailto:MNoel21550%40aol.com> wrote:

                  > Go to Catholicartworks.com.....George has put a series of materials together on the election of the new pope.

                • Sue Peterson
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 28, 2013
                    Concerning Catholic Artworks:  I purchased items from them and was charged on my credit card.  Two months later another large amount appeared on my credit card and I had not ordered anything.  This happened the next month as well.  I reported this as credit card fraud and changed my credit card number.  He would never answer the phone when I tried to call to find out about this.  Pretty shady.

                    Sue Peterson

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 9 4:46 PM
                      Yikes, thanks for the warning. I ordered from him, and the items did arrive. Will be closely monitoring the credit card statements.